Bits and Pieces - April 6, 2012
April 6, 2012
Jersey Shore's The Situation has checked out of the Cirque Lodge rehab center in Utah. The Situation says the rehab went well, but he was disappointed when he found out the facility didn't have a smush room.
DREW BARRYMORE pregnancy rumors are growing, just as Drew appears to be! The paparazzi caught Drew showing off what sure looked like a baby bump while out and about this week in Los Angeles. There's still no confirmation or denial from her or her reps.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE'S KRISTEN WIIG, ANDY SAMBERG and JASON SUDEIKIS are reportedly leaving the show at the end of this season. However, reps for both Wiig and Sudeikis sort of denied it. While they said there was no truth to the report, they added that a decision won't be made until after the season.
- PUDDLE OF MUDD frontman Wes Scantlin has been charged with felony cocaine possession. The charges stem from his January bust after cops pulled him over and found him in possession of a controlled substance. If convicted on all charges, Scantlin could face over four years in jail.
- MARY J. BLIGE'S commercial for Burger King's chicken snack wraps has been pulled. While some in the black community criticized the ad as stereotypical, Burger King says the ad was yanked due to music licensing issues and apologized to Mary, saying the commercial was released before it was finished.
- ALAN JACKSON will perform a fundraising concert in the parking lot of Louisa County High School in Mineral, Virginia on Sunday, May 20th. The high school was destroyed in last year's East coast earthquake and proceeds will go to help rebuild the school.
- Jay Leno: Zac Efron; actress Jennie Garth; Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
- David Letterman: Alec Baldwin; Eric Hutchinson performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actress Lena Headey; NeedToBreathe performs
- Conan: Christina Hendricks; actor Aziz Ansari; Good Old War performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Sofia Vergara; director Judd Apatow; Walk the Moon performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jeffrey Dean Morgan; actress Jennifer Coolidge
- Carson Daly: TV host Piers Morgan; Thee Oh Sees perform
The Minnesota Vikings are denying reports that they made an offer to Bill Parcells to "name his price" to coach the team and run the front office. Word has it that offer came some time ago and that Parcells may be using it to leverage the best offer out of the New Orleans Saints.
Rockwood, Tennessee's 50-year-old Donna Marie Nichols recently complained to Hardee's about her hamburger. Donna told Hardee's their food "is no good" and that she only took a small bite of her burger and could tell it was nasty. Hardee's offered to refund her money, but that apparently wasn't good enough for Donna as she then called 911 twice about her nasty burger. Donna was arrested for abusing the 911 system and police won't refund her $1500 bail.
2006: Katie Couric announced she was leaving NBC's Today show to become anchor of The CBS Evening News.
actor Michael Moriarity (Law & Order, Along Came A Spider, The Hanoi Hilton) 71