Bits and Pieces - April 10, 2012
April 10, 2012
Jennifer Lopez got her backup dancer boyfriend a pickup truck for his birthday. I don't want to say Jennifer is robbing the cradle, but the truck was made by Tonka.
RIHANNA was recently caught leaving ASHTON KUTCHER'S place early one morning and she wasn't looking too happy. Most everyone assumed that Rihanna was steamed because the paparazzi caught her leaving Ashton's place. However, rumor has it that Rihanna hit the bricks after she stumbled across near-naked photos that Demi Moore sexted to Ashton after their breakup. Rihanna stormed out, supposedly telling Ashton she didn't want to get involved if there's the slightest chance of getting hurt physically or emotionally.
Producers DICK WOLF and MARK BURNETT are teaming up for a reality series tentatively called Stars Earn Stripes. The show will have celebrities go to a military training center where they're paired with a trainer to compete in rigorous challenges adapted from real military exercises.
- MY BLOODY VALENTINE guitarist Kevin Shields says he and the band are finishing up an album that they started working on in the 90s and it could be out in a few months. It would be the first new album from the band in 21 years.
- NICKI MINAJ performed a surprise concert in Times Square on Friday to promote her new album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. The three-song performance was filmed for her new "Starships" DJ Doorly remix video.
- GARTH BROOKS will perform at the Calgary Stampede's Centennial anniversary on July 12th. Ticket information for the show will be released tomorrow. BRAD PAISLEY and THE BAND PERRY will perform July 14th and more concert announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
- Jay Leno: Jane Lynch; actor Kevin Hart; Esperanza Spalding performs
- David Letterman: Ricky Gervais; actress Cobie Smulders; Tennis performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: LL Cool J; actor James Van Der Beek
- Conan: Cory Monteith; Matt Kemp; comic Tim Minchin
- Jimmy Fallon: Kevin Kline; comic Steve Harvey; Pulp performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Billy Gardell; actor Ian Gomez
- Carson Daly: Singer Angie Johnson; comic Moshe Kasher; Bombay Bicycle Club
New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin said his knee rehab is going well, but he'll probably miss the first round of the playoffs, should the Knicks get in.
Olga L. Perdomo went into Chicago's Albany Bank and Trust in an attempt to make a withdrawal of the unauthorized variety. Olga handed the teller a note reading, "all of your money, no cops, no dye pack." Unfortunately, the teller informed Olga that the bank was closed and to come back tomorrow. Olga did return and when an employee recognized her as she lurked about outside, police were called and Olga and another man, whom police say robbed the same bank a week earlier, were arrested.
2005: Prince Charles married Camilla Parker-Bowles.
actress Elle Fanning (Daddy Day Care, Because of Winn Dixie, Curious Case of Benjamin Button) 14