Bits and Pieces - April 12, 2012
April 12, 2012
Katy Perry says she's tired of being famous. Katy longs for the day when she can go out in public and not draw attention to herself when she shoots whipped cream from her breasts.
ALEC BALDWIN'S alleged stalker GENEVIEVE SABOURIN apparently isn't some random wacko. Alec has reportedly admitted to cops that he went out with her a couple times last year, but in a "strictly professional" manner, saying he was just trying to help her land some movie roles. However, she says they were intimate and apparently went off the rails when Alec announced his engagement last week. However, Baldwin's rep denied that he slept with her.
This was a no-brainer and no surprise, but HBO has officially renewed GAME OF THRONES for a third season.
- GREEN DAY will induct GUNS N' ROSES into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this weekend. A spokesperson for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame says Axl Rose and Slash will likely attend the ceremony, but are unlikely to perform.
- JUVENILE owes $160,000 in unpaid child support and he'll probably pay it. While Juvenile says he's pretty sure the 13-year-old boy is his, he also accused his baby mama of sleeping around. Juvenile has demanded a paternity test as part of an effort to get custody of the kid and, if it's his, he'll pay up.
- ALAN JACKSON will release his new album, Thirty Miles West, on June 5th. Alan grew up outside of Newnan, Georgia, about thirty miles west of the Dixie Highway that runs through Georgia, hence the title. The album will include Alan's new song, "So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore."
- Jay Leno: Albert Brooks; Neon Trees perform
- David Letterman: Magic Johnson and Larry Bird; Jim Gaffigan; Kaiser Chiefs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ashley Judd; director Bobcat Goldthwait; The Civil Wars
- Conan: Maria Menounos; actor Seann William Scott; Heartless Bastards performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Joel McHale; director James Cameron; The Ting Tings
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Lena Dunham; producer Larry David; Craig Morgan
- Carson Daly: Actresses Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham; Foster the People
The Cincinnati Red and All-Star second baseman Brandon Phillips have agreed to a six-year, $72.5 million contract.
Tarpon Springs, Florida's Michelle Sieber got into yet another argument with her 69-year-old neighbor. During the argument, Michelle's Great Dane got out of the yard. Despite warning the neighbor not to touch the dog, the guy petted the pooch and then asked Michelle, "What are you going to do...hit me?" It turns out that was the correct answer and Michelle was booked into the Pinellas County jail.
1921: Iowa became the first state to impose a cigarette tax
entertainer Joel Grey (Cabaret, Oz, The Fantasticks) 80