Bits and Pieces - April 13, 2012
April 13, 2012
Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly wants Maria Shriver to take him back. Arnold says that since Maria left him it's been almost impossible to get maid service.
MEL GIBSON is involved in a celebrity whizzing match with screenwriter JOE ESZTERHAS. They were partners in a film about Jewish biblical figure Judah called "Maccabees." Mel admits that he unloaded on Joe after he saw the first draft of the script, but only because Gibson says it was the worst first draft he'd ever seen. However, Joe is saying Mel only agreed to do the movie to get back in the good graces of the Jews. Joe went on to make some other wild claims including that Mel said John Lennon deserved to die and that he was glad he's dead, calling him a "f**king messianic." He also claims Mel said of ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it." Of course, Mel is denying all.
Word is going around that BRITNEY SPEARS is close to signing a $15 million deal to become a judge on X Factor. No one will confirm or deny.
- AXL ROSE says he won't be attending Saturday's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. In a lengthy and jerk-ish letter, Axl also declined his induction into the hall and said no one was authorized to speak for him at the event
- Q-TIP has signed on with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music and has a new album on the way called The Last Zulu. No word on a release date yet.
- KEITH URBAN hosted the "All For The Hall" benefit at Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday night and was surprised by Vince Gill and Rascal Flatts with an invitation to join the Grand Ole Opry. Needless to say, Keith accept and the induction will take place Saturday.
- Jay Leno: Tim Allen; actor Chris Diamantopoulos; Feist performs
- David Letterman: Billy Crystal; Alabama Shakes perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Danny McBride; actress Dianna Agron; The Shins perform
- Conan: Jim Gaffigan; Arctic Monkeys performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tina Fey; actor John Slattery; chef David Chang; Lenny Williams performs with the Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Judd Apatow; singer Katherine Jenkins
- Carson Daly: Guy Pearce; "Beware of Mr. Baker"; Lee Fields and the Expressions perform
The 25 nominees for the NASCAR Hall of Fame 2013 class have been announced. They include Wendell Scott, the first African-American driver in the series, 1989 champion Rusty Wallace, 1973 champ Benny Parsons, and car owners Richard Childress and Rick Hendrick. Five nominees will be enshrined next year.
Despite the fact that it was all a spoof for his TV show, Steven Colbert's political super PAC, "Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow," has raised millions. If you were wondering who would give their hard earned money to get in on a joke, here's your answer. Federal Election Commission records show Colbert has received donations from citizens such as Oliver Urface, Pat Magroin, Harry Ballsagna, Ibin Yerkinoff, and Frumunda Mabalz.
2009: American cargo ship captain Richard Phillips was rescued from Somali pirates by U.S. Navy snipers.
actor Ed O'Neill (Married...With Children, Dragnet, Modern Family) 66