Bits and Pieces - April 16, 2012
April 16, 2012
The boy band One Direction has announced plans for a North American tour in the summer of 2013. They say that by the time One Direction kicks off their tour next year, some people may actually remember who they were.
LINDSAY LOHAN still isn't off the hook for that alleged nightclub altercation. Lindsay claims she was at home when the supposed incident took place and until now no witnesses have come forward. However, a man who worked at the club that night claims he saw Lindsay there and even helped break up the fight. Marisa Dugas claims she approached Lindsay's table and started talking to a guy, and Lindsay pushed and shoved her. The employee is backing up the accuser's story and while no photos of the incident have surfaced, he says there's a surveillance video showing the rear entrance of the hotel that Lindsay used. Police have requested the surveillance tape three times from the hotel, but management is refusing to cooperate for some reason. Meanwhile, Marisa's lawyer did a TV interview in which he claims Lindsay spews nothing but lies and her "I was at home" excuse is just the latest. As for Lindsay's rep, they say they'll wait for the police report before commenting.
WILL ARNETT says the cast of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is about to start filming their mini-series for Netflix and then they'll immediately do the big screen movie. The mini-series will air sometime in the first half of 2013, with the movie likely to follow in the summer.
- London Olympics officials have been turned down by another legendary British rock star that they wanted to perform at the event. Olympics officials recently approached THE WHO'S manager to see if KEITH MOON would be available to perform. They apparently didn't hear about Moon's 1978 drug overdose.
- KANYE WEST probably can't expect an invitation to the White House anytime soon. President Obama says he thinks Kanye is "smart" and "very talented," but still thinks he's "a jackass." Obama first referred to Kanye in that manner after he interrupted Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music awards.
- CHRIS CAGLE will release his new album, called Back in the Saddle, on May 29th.
- Today: Actress Allison Williams; author William Bratton; singer Adam Levine
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Comic Jim Gaffigan; artist James Cameron
- Kelly: DJ Twist; actor John Slattery; actress Martha Plimpton; the New York International Auto Show; co-host Joel McHale
- The View: Jeff Goldblum; actor Brian Presley; actress Erin Hershey Presley
- The Talk: David James Elliott; guest co-host Guy Fieri
- Ellen DeGeneres: Sean Hayes; actress Gabrielle Union; author Wayne Pacelle; 7-year-old pizza-tosser Michael Testa
As expected, the New Orleans Saints says assistant coach Joe Vitt will replace Sean Payton during his year-long suspension. Vitt was also given a six game suspension for his role in the bounty scandal and Saints offensive line coach Aaron Kromer is expected to fill in for Vitt.
The daughter of Vero Beach, Florida's Robyn Harr likely won't be taking her to brunch on Mother's Day. Police visited their home several times one recent Sunday after the daughter told cops her mom had been "nasty all day." On their final visit, police noted that Robyn smelled strongly of alcohol and was slurring her words and had bitten her 17-year-old daughter's leg. It seems Robyn put the bite on her daughter because she'd taken a Rihanna album out of the CD player.
1864: Congress authorized the use of the phrase "In God We Trust" on U.S. coins.
actress Amber Heard (Pineapple Express, Alpha Dog, Zombieland) 26