Bits and Pieces - April 18, 2012
April 18, 2012
Those 11 Secret Service agents accused of hiring hookers in Colombia have reportedly had their security clearances yanked. By the sound of it, that isn't all they had yanked.
KANYE WEST and KIM KARDASHIAN have reportedly broken up. The buzz is that Kanye agreed to take Kim along when he goes on a European tour with Jay Z next month. Since Jay-Z is taking along his wife Beyonce, it was going to be one big, happy double-date kind of thing. However, when Kanye found out that Kim was going to bring her reality show cameras along so she could put everyone on her show, Kanye blew up and dumped Kim via voice mail.
GOOD MORNING AMERICA may have just ended THE TODAY SHOW'S 16-year ratings win streak. Preliminary numbers show Good Morning America had 13,000 more viewers last week. The final numbers will be in on Thursday.
- KURT COBAIN supposedly recorded an album's worth of solo material before he died. That's the word from former Hole guitarist Eric Erlandson. He said the material would've been Cobain's White Album, but he has no idea whether it'll ever be released.
- CAM'RON is releasing a new track every weekday for 30 days. However, his next album, More Gunz, Less Buttah, has been pushed back to June 5th.
- DIERKS BENTLEY will play an acoustic show at Easy Street Records in downtown Seattle to celebrate the fifth annual Record Store Day on April 21st.
- Today: Actress Jennie Garth; author Ricki Lake
- Good Morning America: Julia Louise-Dreyfus; chef Mario Batali and actor Stanley Tucci Bonnie Raitt performs
- CBS This Morning: Authors Bill Moushey and Bob Dvorchak ("Game Over")
- Kelly: Julia Louis-Dreyfus; anthropologist Jane Goodall; musician Ronnie Wood; co-host D.L. Hughley
- The View: Ricki Lake; Gavin Rossdale and Bush perform; co-host Regis Philbin
- The Talk: Actress Lynda Carter; fitness trainer Shaun T
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Emily Blunt; Jason Mraz performs
Thanks to New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson buying the Hornets and signing a lease extension at the New Orleans Arena, the NBA has awarded the city the 2014 All-Star game.
In North Carolina, Bladenboro Middle School student Ryan Blackmon was about to get the stuffing knocked out of him by a class bully. Luckily for Ryan, a teacher intervened and prevented the fight. To express his gratitude, Ryan went to hug her. However, instead of reciprocating, the teacher snatched Ryan by the arm and reprimanded him. It seems it's against school rules for a student to hug a teacher and Ryan's attempted embrace got him suspended. However, Ryan's parents are fighting mad as they've filed a police report against the teacher and the school over the mark left on Ryan's arm from where the teacher grabbed him.
1937: The cartoon characters Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Petunia Pig made their debuts
football's Boomer Esiason 51