Bits and Pieces - April 20, 2012
April 20, 2012
It's reported that the Jersey Shore beach house has been repeatedly hit by vandals. In fact, they say the vandals are doing nearly as much damage to the Jersey Shore house as the cast of Jersey Shore are.
Does KATY PERRY want RUSSELL BRAND back? That seems kind of hard to believe and you have to consider that the story is coming from the not always reliable Us Weekly magazine. However, a source tells them that since Katy's recent trip to India where they were married, she's been trying to get him back, adding that she's a lost soul right now. On the other hand, the same source said Katy and Russell aren't currently on speaking terms.
BRITNEY SPEARS has reportedly reached a deal to become a judge on "X FACTOR" next season. While they're still working out some of the fine points on the contract, it's being reported that she'll be paid $15 million.
- BLUES TRAVELER will mark their 25th anniversary with a new album and tour. Their album, called Suzie Cracks the Whip, will be out on June 26th. They'll be hitting the road this summer with Barenaked Ladies, Cracker and Big Head Todd.
- NICKI MINAJ plans to launch her own fragrance this fall. Nicki says she's always been a huge fan of great fragrances. No word on a name just yet.
- TRACE ADKINS will host a new GAC-TV series called "Great American Hero." The show will follow Trace on tour as he visits heroes in local communities. The show will premiere later this year.
- Jay Leno: Taylor Swift; actor Michael Clarke Duncan; Robert Randolph, Cesar and David of Los Lobos and Chris Layton perform
- David Letterman: Will Ferrell; actor Jon Bernthal
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actress Gabourey Sidibe; Kasabian performs
- Conan: Actor Regina Hall; actor Kunal Nayyar; Emeli Sande performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tina Fey; John Slattery; chef David Chang; Lenny Williams sings
- Craig Ferguson: Kelly Preston; author Joel Stein
- Carson Daly: Political analyst Jamal Simmons; film editors Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter; Young the Giant performs
Catcher Ivan Rodriguez will reportedly retire on Monday as a member of the Texas Rangers, the team he spent most of his career with. Rodriguez spent the last two seasons with the Washington Nationals, but declined an offer from the Kansas City Royals this season.
Joseph DiDonato was boozing at Fort Lauderdale's Fat Tuesday bar for five straight hours. As is often the case, during the course of his drinking, Joseph got into a fight. As is rarely the case, thousands have watched a video on YouTube that shows Joseph outside the bar and rushing towards Jon Lindeman, putting him in a bear hug and biting off his ear. Lindeman says doctors were unable to reattach the missing part of his ear, but said that he wanted to ask Joseph why he attacked him. Unfortunately, Joseph's lawyer says that'll be impossible because he was so drunk that he doesn't remember anything about the incident. (See and hear here)
2005: Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany was elected pope, taking the name Benedict XVI
tennis player Maria Sharapova 25