Bits and Pieces - April 25, 2012
April 25, 2012
Oscar the chimp from the new movie Chimpanzee is reportedly missing. They say he may be roaming the jungle, he may have been attacked by a predator or he could be on a bender with Cheetah.
Wedding season is rapidly approaching, but don't expect an invitation from JENNIFER ANISTON. There was buzz that Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux were planning a wedding in Crete, but those stories were quickly shot down by her rep. Some hotel there said Jennifer had been there "scoping the place out" and that she "mentioned a July wedding." Jen's rep called the story a "fabrication" and likely a cheap publicity stunt by the hotel.
The Lifetime channel has officially confirmed that LINDSAY LOHAN will play Elizabeth Taylor in a TV movie. Filming will begin in early June in Los Angeles.
- JUSTIN BIEBER, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LMFAO and THE WANTED are the first performers announced for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. The show will be broadcast live from Las Vegas on May 20th and will air on ABC.
- TUPAC SHAKUR'S hologram won't be going on tour. DR. DRE says he's not planning a tour with the optical Tupac.
- ROSANNE CASH has recorded the theme song to a new tourism campaign for the United States called "Land of Dreams." The ads will start running on May 1st in a campaign to get foreign travelers to visit the U.S.
- Today: Chef Giada De Laurentiis; The Wanted performs; Nicole Richie; actor Hugh Grant
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: John Lithgow; director Garry Marshall
- Kelly: Hugh Grant; actor Blair Underwood; co-host Jesse Palmer.
- The View: "Good Morning America" anchors
- The Talk: Actress Julie Andrews; Train performs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jesse Tyler Ferguson; actress Rita Wilson
The Green Bay Packers have released veteran left tackle Chad Clifton after 12 seasons. Clifton has yet to announce whether he'll retire.
Naples, Florida's Mark Abaire came up with an ingenious plan to get a free soda from McDonald's. The 52-year-old Mark asked for a glass of water and took his empty cup to the machine and instead filled it with soda before going outside to enjoy his ill-gotten beverage. Mark's little ruse didn't go unnoticed by the manager and, after a brief conversation, he declined to pay the $1 for his soda. The manager called police and, because of prior convictions, Mark is now facing felony charges, which carry up to a $5,000 fine and five years in jail.
2005: Pope Benedict XVI was formally installed as leader of the Roman Catholic Church in ceremonies at the Vatican.
actress Shirley MacLaine (Terms of Endearment, Rumor Has It, Guarding Tess) 78