Bits and Pieces - April 30, 2012
April 30, 2012
Sandra Fluke, the college woman who Rush Limbaugh criticized for supporting birth control coverage, has gotten engaged to her boyfriend. To Rush's credit, he says if her father can't make it to the wedding, he'd be happy to give away the slut.
LINDSAY LOHAN was apparently on time for her first day of work on Glee, but things apparently didn't go so smoothly on the second day. More details are getting out and they now say she was so late that they had to send a car to the Chateau Marmont hotel in Hollywood to pick her up and bring her to set. A source on the set says, "She was three hours late in the morning and when she did finally arrive she just didn't want to be there. She did not want to work. She had not memorized her lines, and she kept disappearing so no one could find her." Lindsay is playing herself on the episode in which she's a judge for the Nationals competition. Lindsay's rep claims her tardiness was due to a misunderstanding about her call time. As for the other issues, Lindsay's rep is calling it 'utter B.S.'
BETTY WHITE will guest star on the season finale of JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT'S Lifetime show The Client List. Betty will play the wife of one of Jennifer's massage parlor clients.
- JACK WHITE just released his solo album Blunderbuss this week, but says he has enough leftover songs to cut another album. White says he has songs that never got used by his bands the White Stripes, the Raconteurs and the Dead Weather. However, it could be awhile until he finishes those songs since he's about to head out on a tour.
- CHRIS BROWN not only has a new album on the way July 3rd, called Fortune; he's also teamed up with artist Ron English to introduce a new line of limited-edition collectible toys and art sculptures called Dum English. The new line will debut in Los Angeles next Wednesday. Items range from a $75 toy necklace chain to a $20,000 four-foot life-size fiberglass sculpture.
- If you're looking for a lake home in Tennessee and you have deep pockets, talk to ALAN JACKSON. Alan has put his Center Hill Lake home near Smithville, Tennessee on the market. The five-bedroom main home, plus guest house, boat dock, custom two-story houseboat and a helipad can be yours for $4,995,000.
- Today: Women finding success on the Internet; the marriage council; food trends
- Good Morning America: Laverne and Shirley cast; actress Marisol Nichols; chef Emeril Lagasse
- CBS This Morning: Marilu Henner; actor Harvey Fierstein
- Kelly: Actress Maggie Q; singer Katherine Jenkins and dancer Mark Ballas; Daughtry performs; co-host Mark Consuelos
- The View: Actors Jason Segel and Emily Blunt; comic Jessica Kirson
- The Talk: Reality TV star Tori Spelling
- Ellen DeGeneres: Hugh Grant; Team iLuminate performs
College football is close to getting its own playoff system. Those in charge are working out how to pick the teams, where and when to play the games and what to do with the bowls. The new format would go into effect after the 2014 season.
A street fight broke out in Sacramento last weekend. Police say that by the time they arrived, the fight had already dispersed. However, witnesses reported seeing at least 30 women using baseball bats, bottles, rocks and other weapons. Two people sustained major injuries and police believe the fight started after one woman saw what she interpreted as a suggestive post on her husband's Facebook page from another woman.
1915: Babe Ruth hit his first major league home run
actress Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Supernatural, Lone Star) 29