Bits and Pieces - May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012
Batman is 73 years old today. Today Batman is battling Catwoman. Not the criminal; the crazy old lady who lives next door to Wayne Manor with all the cats.
BOBBY BROWN is going to have trouble getting people to believe this, but he sat down with the Today Show's Matt Lauer for an interview and said he "didn't get high" before he met WHITNEY HOUSTON. Brown did admit to smoking marijuana and drinking beer before meeting Whitney and while most everyone assumes that he got her hooked on drugs he's saying it isn't so and that it makes him feel terrible. He also said that when they did his reality show Being Bobby Brown it gave them a wake-up call because they got a good look at how everyone else saw them and how the drugs affected their relationship.
Jonas Brother, KEVIN JONAS and his wife Danielle are getting their own reality series on the E channel called Married to Jonas. The show will premiere on August 19th and will also follow the brothers as they record new music.
- DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE will kick off a summer tour on June 30th at Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, Canada. After the summer tour wraps, the band will likely take some time off.
- DJ KHALED missed a gig on Sunday after his tour bus exploded in flames. He did have the presence of mind to Tweet a photo of the burning bus and while no one was hurt, $500,000 worth of jewelry, his entire wardrobe and many other items were destroyed.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD stopped by the PS22 elementary school in Staten Island, New York recently and performed her song "Good Girl" with the fifth grade choir. That's the same school choir that performed at the Oscars last year.
- Jay Leno: Cameron Diaz; actor William Shatner; Lee Brice performs
- David Letterman: Seth Meyers; Father John Misty performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: "Dancing With the Stars" castoff; Civil Twilight performs
- Conan: Sofia Vergara; actor Paul F. Tompkins; comic Tig Notaro
- Jimmy Fallon: Mark Ruffalo; chef Mario Batali; matchmakers Steve and JoAnn Ward; Santigold performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jesse Tyler Ferguson; actress Lennon Parham
- Carson Daly: Comic Jim Gaffigan; singer L.P.; Ed Sheeran performs
Major League Baseball has suspended Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young for seven days without pay after his arrest following an altercation on April 27th in New York. The suspension is retroactive to April 27th, so Young will be eligible to play again on Friday.
When another vehicle cut off Hooksett, New Hampshire's 18-year-old Nicholas Richer, he expressed his displeasure to the other driver. Unfortunately, Nicholas did so by pulling up alongside the other driver and pointing a flare gun at him. Alas, Nicholas ended up firing the flare gun into his own car, setting the passenger seat ablaze. The other driver called 911 and police soon caught up with Nicholas. In addition to his damaged car, Nicholas faces felony charges of reckless conduct and criminal threatening that could mean years behind bars.
1931: The Empire State Building had its grand opening
singer Judy Collins 73