Bits and Pieces - May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012
Items from Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad home, including a homemade TV, have been put up for auction. Osama's homemade TV wasn't very good because the rabbit ears antenna were actual rabbit ears.
Is there a JONAS BROTHER in the closet? There's a blind gossip item going around about an unnamed male celebrity who married what's known as a 'beard.' If you're not in the loop, that's a woman a gay man marries when he wants to keep his real sexual preference a secret. This particular male celebrity is in a bit of a bind because his wife is a non-celebrity that wants to be the star of their own reality show. Male celebrity didn't want to do the show, but the wife threatened to blow his cover if he didn't go along. Just yesterday, it was announced that KEVIN JONAS and his wife are getting their own reality show and all the pieces of the blind gossip item seem to fit.
THE X FACTOR nearly has BRITNEY SPEARS under contract and now the buzz is that MILEY CYRUS, DEMI LOVATO, FERGIE or AVRIL LAVIGNE could take the other judge's place on the panel, while GWEN STEFANI is in talks to become the new backstage host.
- DAVE GROHL is making a documentary called Sound City. It's about the recording studio of the same name in Van Nuys, California where such albums as Nirvana's Nevermind, Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and Rage Against the Machine's self-titled debut disc were recorded.
- NICKI MINAJ will kick off the North American leg of her "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" tour on July 16th at the Chicago Theatre. Tickets go on sale on Saturday.
- LEE GREENWOOD has written a book called "Does God Still Bless the USA?" It's a collection of Greenwood's thoughts on what has made America great and how times have changed in the country. Also included with the book are two music downloads, including a new version of "God Bless The U.S.A."
- Today: Authors Lisa Rinna and Ian Kerner; Kelly Osbourne; author Bear Grylls; "The Biggest Loser" winner; chef Martin Yan; singer Bobby Brown
- Good Morning America: "Dancing With the Stars" castoff; Mark Ruffalo; actress Eden Sher; Anita Baker performs
- CBS This Morning: Actress Diane Keaton; author Lady Colin Campbell
- Kelly: Mark Ruffalo; Lisa Rinna; The Biggest Loser winner; co-host Josh Groban
- The View: Bethenny Frankel; guest co-host Eden Sher
- The Talk: Sportscaster Al Michaels; actress Annie Potts; trainer Tony Horton
- Ellen DeGeneres: Julianna Margulies; comic Kevin Nealon; singers Sophia Grace and Rosie
Tampa Bay Rays' third baseman Evan Longoria has been put on the 15-day DL with a partially torn left hamstring that's expected to sideline him 4-to-8 weeks.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina's Lester Brandon Cook was arrested after assaulting his girlfriend, two children and another woman at their home. And what caused Lester's violent outburst? He got mad when he learned his children were in the bathtub while they should've been taking a nap. Later, when the children went on the porch to play, Lester "slung" one of the kids into the house and dragged the other one in as well and assaulted a woman when she asked him to stop. On the bright side, the women noted that Lester is attending anger management classes.
1997: Then 44-year-old Tony Blair became Britain's youngest prime minister in 185 years.
singer Lily Allen 27