Bits and Pieces - May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012
It's reported that Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom could be having martial trouble. Like we're supposed to believe that a Kardashian and a basketball player could have a troubled marriage.
Rumor has it that KHLOE KARDASHIAN and LAMAR ODOM could be having marriage trouble. While Khloe says everything is fine the tabloids say otherwise. First, Lamar got booted from the Dallas Mavericks and now their reality show has been put on hold. There were also reports a few months ago that Lamar was in a Washington, D.C. strip club and disappeared into a private room with one of the strippers and no one thought he was acting like a married man. Now, Khloe tells People magazine, "I like to think divorce is not an option." However, a source said, "There are big problems. The kind she won't admit in any interview."
CAT DEELEY will host a new reality dating show called The Choice. Like The Voice, four male celebrities will sit in spinning chairs facing away from non-famous women that hope to score a date with them. Eventually the celebrities spin their chairs around to see their dates.
- THE KINGS OF LEON'S Jared Followill has announced his engagement to girlfriend Martha Patterson. They just started dating in January after he split with Twilight actress Ashley Greene. Meanwhile, the band plans on recording their next album later this year.
- WIZ KHALIFA has been busted on marijuana charges for the second time in 10 days. This time authorities in Winston-Salem, North Carolina ticketed Wiz and his crew before his concert there Tuesday night.
- RASCAL FLATTS bassist Jay DeMarcus and his wife aren't expecting their baby until August, but they've already picked out a name. Get ready for Dylan Jay DeMarcus on August 1st or thereabouts.
- Jay Leno: Robert Downey Jr.; actress Katharine McPhee; Toast to Freedom
- David Letterman: Stephen Colbert; actress Chloe Grace Moretz; performance from "Nice Work If You Can Get It."
- Jimmy Kimmel: Scarlett Johansson; Roger Daltrey performs
- Conan: Zach Galifianakis; actor Aaron Paul; Switchfoot performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Martha Stewart; TV host Carson Daly; comic Dave Waite
- Craig Ferguson: Julie Andrews; actor Michael Emerson
- Carson Daly: Actor Michael Ian Black; Father John Misty; Rachel Yamagata
Amar'e Stoudemire says there's a "great chance" he can play in Game 4 of the Knicks' series against Miami on Sunday after severely cutting his left hand on a fire extinguisher case after game two.
Because of the Trayvon Martin case we've heard a lot about Florida's so-called 'Stand Your Ground' law, which allows someone to shoot another person in self-defense without being charged. While George Zimmerman was allowed to go free the night of his shooting, such was not the case for Marissa Alexander. After being attacked and choked by her abusive husband, she managed to break free, grab a gun and fire a single warning shot into the ceiling. A judge denied her immunity in a Stand Your Ground hearing, a jury later found her guilty and, if she's not granted a re-trial, she faces a mandatory term of 20 years in prison.
2010: United and Continental airlines announced they would merge to create the world's largest airline
dancer Cheryl Burke (Dancing With The Stars) 28