Bits and Pieces - May 7, 2012
May 7, 2012
President Obama says that the killing of Osama bin Laden was the most important day of his presidency. Well, that and the day he met Justin Bieber.
Bachelor host CHRIS HARRISON is on his way to becoming a bachelor himself. Harrison and Gwen Jones, his college sweetheart wife of 19 years, have split up. No official word from his rep yet, but sources say they've been "broken up for awhile now." You may remember back in 2010 when Jake Pavelka was the bachelor, contestant Rozlyn Papa accused Harrison of making a pass at the wife of the producer she was reportedly dating.
The buzz is that both BRITNEY SPEARS and DEMI LOVATO have agreed to join THE X FACTOR as judges. They haven't actually signed their contracts yet, but sources say it's a done deal.
- KORN guitarist JAMES "MUNKY" SHAFFER and his wife Evis Xheneti are expecting their first child together. The couple got married in January and the baby is due in November.
- D'ANGELO will perform in the United States for the first time in 10 years on the opening night of this year's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 6th.
- JEWEL will star in the title role of the Lifetime channel movie The June Carter Cash Story. The movie will be based on John Carter Cash's narrative of his mother's life, Anchored in Love: An Intimate Portrait of June Carter Cash.
- Today: TV host Stephen Colbert
- Good Morning America: Actor Nathan Fillion; chef Rachael Ray
- CBS This Morning: Actress Sissy Spacek
- Kelly: Actor Nathan Fillion; sport stacker William Polly; co-host Ben Mulroney
- The View: Actors Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth; guest co-host Bruce Jenner
- The Talk: Guest co-host Carnie Wilson; actress Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Ellen DeGeneres: Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr.; "The Voice" castoff Jamar Rogers; Internet singer Giorgio Fareira
The San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval will be out four to six weeks after breaking his left hand. The switch-hitting Sandoval was out six weeks last year after breaking his right hand.
It's tough to sneak dangerous items past airport security, such as nail clippers, water bottles and land mines. The TSA stopped an unnamed New Jersey woman when they found three mine casings widely used during the Vietnam War. Two of the three casings contained shrapnel but none had explosives or detonators. The woman told security officials she was attending an explosives demonstration and was permitted to re-book her flight to San Francisco minus the weapons.
1955: A riot broke out for the first time at an Elvis Presley concert
actor Harvey Keitel (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, National Treasure) 73