Bits and Pieces - May 8, 2012
May 8, 2012
A feud has broken out between Jersey Shore's Snooki and the so-called 'Tan Mom,' who was arrested for taking her 5-year-old daughter to a tanning salon. Apparently they're feuding over who's the most orange.
There's good news and bad news for LINDSAY LOHAN. The good news for Lindsay is she won't be charged in connection with that alleged hit and run where a Hollywood nightclub manager claimed she struck him with her car back in March. The bad news is, word has it that there's enough "compelling evidence" to charge her in that alleged assault on another woman at a nightclub. If Lindsay is charged, there's a good chance she'll be headed to the slammer. Meanwhile, Lindsay had dinner with Woody Allen in New York over the weekend and they were said to be in "deep in discussion" for an hour or so, perhaps about a movie project. As far as Lindsay's love life goes, sources say that she and Samantha Ronson aren't getting back together, despite reports they were all over each other last week at a New York nightclub.
CBS is threatening to sue ABC over their upcoming reality show "Glass House." It'll have contestants living in a house, filmed round-the-clock, and voted out by viewers and CBS feels it's just a rip-off of "Big Brother."
- NO DOUBT has announced that they'll release their next album on September 25th. No title for the album yet, but they did promise to post photos and webisodes on their website in the coming weeks.
- KANYE WEST released a mini-film for his song "Lost in the World," from his "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album. The black-and-white video can be seen online at ShowStudio.com.
- BRAD PAISLEY will resume his Virtual Reality World Tour 2012 on May 18th in St. Louis. THE BAND PERRY, EASTON CORBIN, and SCOTTY MCCREERY will open the shows.
- Jay Leno: Michelle Pfeiffer; adventurer Bear Grylls; Snow Patrol performs
- David Letterman: Dr. Phil McGraw; actress Beth Behrs; Spiritualized performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kristen Stewart; actress Chloe Grace Moretz; B.o.B. performs
- Conan: Metta World Peace; actor Matt Walsh; The Lumineers performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Jennifer Connelly; The Beach Boys perform
- Craig Ferguson: Poppy Montgomery; actor Steve Guttenberg
- Carson Daly: Actress Jenny McCarthy; Jessie Baylin performs
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan made it official by announcing that Robert Griffin III will be the team's No. 1 quarterback this season.
If you're planning to attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August, keep in mind that water guns will be strictly prohibited. Also on the list of banned items are sticks, poles, portable shields and glass bottles. The good news is that real guns are fine and dandy. Mayor Bob Buckhorn said last month that the state law, which prohibits the city from temporarily banning handguns, makes the city "look silly" because officials can prohibit water guns but not real ones.
1998: Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler for nearly $40 billion, in the largest industrial merger to date.
actress Traci Lords (Melrose Place, Profiler, Cry Baby) 44