Bits and Pieces - May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012
The CIA stopped another al-Qaeda airliner underwear bomber. They became suspicious when they noticed the label on his underwear said Fruit of the Boom.
LINDSAY LOHAN has one less legal problem to worry about. That former Betty Ford Center employee who sued Lindsay, claiming she attacked her after ordering her to take a breathalyzer test, has settled out of court. The attack could be heard on a 911 call, but Lindsay claimed it was self defense and no charges were pressed. Lindsay forked over some dough to settle, although the amount wasn't disclosed.
Sex sells for JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT as the Lifetime channel has picked up her show, The Client List, for a second season.
- JUSTIN BIEBER can add high school graduate to his list of accomplishments. Obviously, Bieber is set for life regardless of whether or not he has a high school diploma, but he said it was something his mom really wanted him to do, so he did it for her.
- If you can't go a couple of hours without hearing something provocative from RIHANNA, here's your fix. Rihanna Tweeted: 'I could turn a straight woman bi.' Well, that's the polite version. The uncensored version goes, "Guarantee to turn a square into a Bi bitch!!!"
- JAKE OWEN and his girlfriend Lacey Buchanan tied the knot in a sunrise ceremony yesterday morning on the beach in his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida. Jake said the sunrise thing was his idea because it's symbolic of the dawn of a new day and starting their new life together. Jake later Tweeted: "A best friend for life. I now have a wifey :) my face hurts from smiling. What a wonderful way to start the rest of my life."
- Today: Author Suzanne Somers; authors Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez; chef Curtis Stone
- Good Morning America: Eva Longoria; author Ricki Lake; Karmin performs
- CBS This Morning: Actress Rita Wilson
- Kelly: Stephen Colbert; the 2012 Miss USA contestants; co-host Michael Strahan
- The View: Ricky Martin; chef Giada De Laurentiis; performance from "Evita"
- The Talk: TV host Sabrina Soto; Courtney Love and Linda Perry perform; guest co-host Carnie Wilson
- Ellen DeGeneres: Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Chloe Moretz; Flo Rida performs; actress Alison Sweeney
The Dallas Mavericks players have voted not to cut Lamar Odom in for a share of their playoff money. Odom will miss out on about $14,000.
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota police recently took the 'mock' out of mock crash. During a training exercise in which local police and fire crews used two cars to stage an accident and rescue, an unmanned fire truck that officials believed was in neutral with the parking brake on began rolling. Apparently wrong about that parking brake thing, the truck didn't stop rolling until it hit the two staged accident vehicles, turning them into real accident vehicles and the training exercise into a real rescue operation as two high school students, an EMS worker, two volunteers and a state trooper were all injured in the incident.
1999: The first female cadet graduated from the Citadel
comedian Don Rickles 86