Bits and Pieces - May 14, 2012
May 14, 2012
The Secret Service has interviewed that Colombian prostitute who was at the center of the sex scandal. They say she was very cooperative. Although, not as cooperative as the last time she had an encounter with Secret Service agents.
For those worried about RIHANNA and CHRIS BROWN getting back together, it looks like your worries are over. Only a few weeks after they collaborated on a couple of songs together, Brown released a freestyle version of Kanye West's "Way Too Cold" with the new lyrics, "Don't f**k with my old b***h/It's like a bad fur/Every industry n***a done had her/Shook the tree like a pumpkin just to smash her/B***h is breaking codes, but I'm the password." No word on who peed in Brown's oatmeal, but it was quickly assumed he was referring to Rihanna and after she got wind of the tune, she un-followed him on Twitter and then he did likewise. Brown later directed a message at Rihanna, writing: "Assumptions! I didn't say any names so if u took offense to it then it's something you feel guilty about."
The cast of GREY'S ANATOMY have signed up for a ninth season. While Grey's has been renewed, the spinoff, PRIVATE PRACTICE, is up in the air, although they may do a shortened final season. ABC also renewed Modern Family, The Middle, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Shark Tank, Suburgatory and Castle, along with the no-brainers Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor.
- BLINK-182'S 20th anniversary tour has been put on hold after Travis Barker had to undergo a tonsillectomy. This month's dates have been rescheduled for September and Barker is expected to be ready for their European tour in June.
- EMINEM has put his boxing movie, Southpaw, on hold so he can focus on his music. Eminem still hopes to star in the movie, but at a later date.
- KENNY ROGERS' career has come full circle as he's signed a new recording deal with Warner Bros. Records. That's the label he broke through with in 1967 when his band The First Edition scored such hits as "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)."
- Today: The winner of "The Voice"; author Mike Lupica; actor Chace Crawford
- Good Morning America: Felicity Huffman; Tim Tebow; chef Emeril Lagasse
- CBS This Morning: Author Heidi Murkoff
- Kelly: Felicity Huffman; singer Kip Moore; co-host Nick Lachey
- The View: Eva Longoria; authors Robin Roberts and Lucimarian Roberts; guest co-host Bob Saget
- The Talk: Actresses Eva Mendes and Cierra Ramirez; TV's Chi-Lan Lieu
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Hilary Duff; TV personality Nick Cannon
Oklahoma City's James Harden won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award after leading all bench players in scoring this season.
Detroit's Kenny "Boom" Smith is a fan of the reality TV show Hardcore Pawn. Wanting some extra cash and his 15 minutes of fame, Kenny went to the shop featured on the show to sell some items. Not thinking things all the way through, Kenny sold the pawn shop his counterfeit cash and his counterfeiting machine. Not only that, Kenny signed a waiver to be on the show. The next show Kenny will be seen on is America's Dumbest Criminals as he was busted by the Secret Service.
2009: Suspended NFL quarterback Michael Vick was released after 19 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring
singer Joe Cocker 68