Bits and Pieces - May 15, 2012
May 15, 2012
CBS has canceled CSI: Miami. The good news is that CBS has given a spin-off series to David Caruso's sunglasses.
TEEN MOM star AMBER PORTWOOD is back in an Indiana jail after she missed a court appointment and allegedly lied about having a medical condition as an excuse to get out of it. Amber told the court she had gallbladder surgery and was ordered to remain in bed for several weeks, but they called her doctor, who said she was well enough to go to court. Amber is likely stuck behind bars for a couple of weeks until a judge decides what to do with her.
It turns out that WHITNEY HOUSTON'S daughter Bobbi Kristina is getting a reality show as the tabloids reported a couple months ago. It'll also feature Whitney's mother, Cissy, cousin Dionne Warwick and other relatives and will be called The Houston Family Chronicles. Lifetime will air the show later this year.
- MICK JAGGER will host and perform on Saturday Night Live this weekend. For the performances, he'll be joined by ARCADE FIRE and FOO FIGHTERS.
- Despite, what you may have seen or heard, LADY GAGA isn't engaged. The false rumor started when famed photographer Terry Richardson posted a photo of Gaga flashing the bling with the caption, "Gaga showing off her new engagement ring!"
- You'll be seeing a lot of REBA MCENTIRE on TV this fall as ABC has picked up her sitcom Malibu Country. Reba will play a woman who moves her mother and three kids from Nashville to Malibu after her rock star husband cheats on her and blows most of their money. Reba's mom will be played by Lily Tomlin.
- Jay Leno: The Kardashians; TV personality Donny Deutsch; Karmin performs
- David Letterman: Kelly Ripa; actor Adam Scott; Tenacious D performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Depp; actress Casey Wilson; Silversun Pickups perform
- Conan: Chelsea Handler; actor Billy Eichner; Doyle and Debbie perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Chef Gordon Ramsay; animal handler Jeff Musial; Willie Nelson
- Craig Ferguson: Craig visits Scotland
- Carson Daly: Actor Artie Lange; singer Chely Wright; We Are Augustines
Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos tore the ACL in his right knee chasing a passed ball during the team's win over the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday night and could be out for the season.
Apparently needing a last minute Mother's Day gift, an unnamed Chicago man went into a Family Dollar store. Unfortunately, he did so with a Bobcat loader, which he used to break through the windows of the store. Our friend then walked off with two cans of deodorant and a bunch of gift cards. He was found by police about a block away and after the ensuing pat down turned up the gift cards, our friend told cops he found them about a half-block away.
2008: Justine Henin became the first woman to retire from tennis while ranked No. 1 in the world.
actress Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly, Drake & Josh, The Wild Stallion) 19