Bits and Pieces - May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012
Lady Gaga's concert in Indonesia has been canceled because religious leaders are outraged that she wears only panties and a bra when she sings. I'm outraged, too. If I had known Lady Gaga performed in her underwear, I'd have bought tickets.
The case of the transgendered person who claims she was roughed up by KHLOE KARDASHIAN outside an L.A. club a few years ago seems to be falling apart. Chantal Spears is her name and she recently said she'd drop the case if Khloe paid her $150,000. However, surveillance video shows there wasn't any contact between them and the valet who escorted Khloe and Lamar Odom out of their car that night says he was standing between them and Chantal. Chantal was also interviewed by the LAPD that night and said she wasn't injured and the DA eventually decided not to prosecute.
BRITNEY SPEARS will get a second tribute episode on GLEE next season. At this point she's not set to make a cameo appearance, but since she's now with the Fox network it could be easily arranged.
- GARBAGE will release their new album, called Not Your Kind of People, this month. They'll also perform in New York City next Tuesday in front of their biggest fans. If you didn't get an invite, MTV Hive will stream the concert live.
- R. KELLY will release his next album, called "Write Me Back," on June 26th. He'll also be releasing his memoir, "Soula Coaster: The Diary of Me," on that date.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD and husband Mike Fisher will sit down with Oprah for the season premiere of "Oprah's Next Chapter" this Sunday on the OWN network.
- Today: Kris Jenner; actor Taylor Kitsch; chef Bobby Flay; reality-TV star Teresa Giudice
- Good Morning America: "Dancing With the Stars" castoff; Judge Judy Sheindlin; Dr. Marty Becker
- CBS This Morning: Author Toni Morrison
- Kelly: Billy Bob Thornton; NFL star Eli Manning; co-host Chris Harrison
- The View: Arsenio Hall; Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger
- The Talk: Rachael Ray; cooking with CBS anchor Gayle King
- Ellen DeGeneres: Steve Carell; actress Brooklyn Decker; singer Bobby Brown
NASCAR has fined Kurt Busch $50,000 and placed him on probation until July 25th for his actions during and after Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Darlington Raceway. The penalties were for Busch driving recklessly on pit road and bumping Ryan Newman's car after the race.
Self-proclaimed bounty hunters Ronnie Shaw and Cecil Deere arrived at the home of an elderly Tulsa woman named Mary demanding to know where Donnie was. Despite telling the men that she didn't know any Donnie, they kicked in the door of her house. When a search of the home failed to turn up Donnie, they finally got around to asking Mary if her address was 124. Mary said it wasn't and that the numbers were on her mailbox in big white letters and they couldn't have missed it. Yes, they did miss it, but as luck would have it Mary got off a call to 911 before they broke in and cops didn't miss Ronnie and Cecil who, as it turned out, had warrants out for their arrest.
1929: The first Academy Awards were presented
actor Pierce Brosnan (James Bond, Mars Attacks, Dante's Peak) 60