Bits and Pieces - May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012
Larry King says his talk show will resume this summer in time to cover the presidential election. In fact, Larry says he hasn't been this excited about covering a presidential election since Grover Cleveland defeated Benjamin Harrison.
WHITNEY HOUSTON'S alleged drug dealer is on a crusade to clear his name. The guy in question is Raffles van Exel and he says that he's "neither the architect nor the culprit of the sudden demise of Whitney Houston." While Whitney's demise didn't seem all that sudden, he was with her in the hours before she died and he's also suspected of taking the photo of Whitney's body in a coffin and selling it to a tabloid. Raffles describes himself as a "private consultant to the stars" and he was also linked to Michael Jackson around the time of his 2005 molestation trial.
There's good news for Gleeks as GLEE co-creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy has announced that the entire cast is coming back next season. The season-ending graduation episode happens next week and next season the grads will return, but they won't be at school, and they won't be seen in every episode.
- MATCHBOX TWENTY will release their new album, called North, on September 4th, their first album of all-new material in a decade. Since then, Rob Thomas has released a couple of solo albums and in 2007 the band released the compilation set Exile on Mainstream, but that only featured six new songs and some previous hits.
- 50 CENT Tweeted photos of himself in a hospital bed and DJ Drama says he has some sort of stomach ailment. However, the buzz is that it's just a publicity stunt for a mixtape he's releasing.
- TAYLOR SWIFT is donating $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. It's the largest amount given to the museum by an artist and the second biggest from an individual. It'll fund the Taylor Swift Education Center, an exhibit and classroom space scheduled to open in 2014.
- Today: Usher performs; Ben Stiller; Chris Rock; Martin Short; Jada Pinkett Smith; David Schwimmer; actress Jessica Chastain; Eva Longoria
- Good Morning America: Bruce Willis; dancer Carrie Ann Inaba
- CBS This Morning: Actor Hugh Dancy
- Kelly: Tom Selleck; actress Krysten Ritter; co-host Reggie Bush
- The View: Judge Judy Sheindlin; reality-TV stars Dina and Francesca Eastwood; authors Robin Roberts and Lucimarian Roberts; guest co-host Jaleel White
- The Talk: Tom Selleck
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen's 1500th Show TV host Mario Lopez.
Suspended New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma has filed a defamation lawsuit against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Vilma claims Goodell made false statements about him during the bounty investigation that tarnished his reputation and hindered his ability to earn a living playing football.
Dacula, Georgia police recently visited the home of Cindy Lusk, looking for her daughter, Monica Gunter, on outstanding warrants. When Cindy told them Monica wasn't there, but that she'd return in a few hours, the cops noticed a woman matching Monica's description lying on the sofa. When asked who it was, Cindy said it was her daughter "Bianca." However, officers got suspicious when Cindy had difficulty remembering "Bianca's" date of birth and "Bianca" couldn't remember what year she was born. Yes, "Bianca" was actually Monica and she was arrested. It was a two-for-one deal for police as the cops also arrested Cindy for obstruction and for the meth they found in her pocket.
2005: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, was born in Namibia.
actor Chris Colfer (Glee) 22