Bits and Pieces - May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012
Someone bought a pair of Queen Elizabeth's used underwear off eBay for $18,000. Apparently the buyer didn't know you can get used women's underwear a lot cheaper on Craigslist.
According to a tabloid report, KIM KARDASHIAN has a pill popping habit. A supposed insider says that "She's freaking everyone out right now" and "She's taking Valium and sleeping pills. The last time she self-medicated was when she split from Reggie Bush [two years ago,] when everything felt impossible." Kim's sister Khloé has supposedly given her the ultimatum: get clean in three weeks, or she's telling both their mother Kris Jenner and boyfriend Kanye West. They're saying Kim started hitting the pills because of the pressure over her public split with Kris Humphries and her hectic work schedule.
SNOOKI will be moving out of the JERSEY SHORE house on Season 6. She'll still be on the show, but she'll be staying in her own place nearby because she's taking her pregnancy very seriously.
- PEARL JAM will headline one of the nights of JAY-Z'S Made in America Music Festival. The event takes place in Philadelphia on September 1st and 2nd. Tickets go on sale today.
- YOUNG BUCK will serve 18 months in prison after agreeing to plead guilty to possessing firearms and ammunition as a convicted felon. The guns were found during an IRS raid on his Nashville home back in 2010. Buck will be formally sentenced on July 13th.
- RONNIE DUNN has released a new album called "Ronnie Dunn: Special Edition." It's a collection of 12 songs he put out last year, plus two previously unreleased tracks. It's available exclusively through Cracker Barrel and a portion of the sales will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Jay Leno: Charlize Theron; actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan; Juanes performs
- David Letterman: Piedmont Bird Callers; TV host Bill O'Reilly; Pitbull performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Josh Brolin; author Bethenny Frankel; Kimbra performs
- Conan: Howie Mandel; actress Alice Eve; comic John Ramsey
- Jimmy Fallon: Edie Falco; comic Jim Gaffigan; magicians Penn and Teller
- Craig Ferguson: Jennifer Love Hewitt; actress Rutina Wesley
- Carson Daly: Comic Matt Walsh; music producer Flying Lotus; Band of Skulls
The New York Knicks are said to be close to a deal with Mike Woodson to become their permanent head coach. Woodson took over as coach on an interim basis when Mike D'Antoni stepped down March 14th.
In today's annals of bad parenting...we have New Castle, Pennsylvania's 34-year-old Mary Cole. Knowing her 8-year-old son liked to hop into her Cadillac Escalade and listen to music, Mary always made sure to leave an extra set of keys inside the vehicle for the boy. Mary has been charged with endangering him after the kid put the SUV in gear and it rolled backwards down the driveway and struck another car.
2005: Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah's couch and proclaimed his love for Katie Holmes
actress Joan Collins (Dynasty, The Stud, The Bitch) 79