Bits and Pieces - May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012
Amanda Knox, the college student who was accused of murdering her roommate while studying in Italy, has made Maxim magazine's Hot 100 list. Apparently she has a killer body.
MEGAN FOX and husband BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN have yet to confirm or deny baby rumors, but Megan has been wearing baggie clothing lately. Meanwhile, Star magazine is not only confirming the news for them, they say the couple is expecting a girl. They go on to say that Megan is due in late September or early October. The couple is raising Green's son with actress Vanessa Marcil and are said to be thrilled he'll have a little sister.
AMERICAN IDOL producers have reportedly approached CHERYL COLE about being a judge next season if JENNIFER LOPEZ doesn't come back.
- Matt Roberts has left 3 DOORS DOWN due to health problems. He was a founding member of the band and a message on their website says he has problems with blood circulation and other health issues. However, they say he's welcome back anytime if his health permits.
- DONNA SUMMER'S album sales have jumped 3,277 percent since her death last week. Summer has four entries on the album charts with On the Radio: Greatest Hits Volumes I & II, Endless Summer: Donna Summer's Greatest Hits, The Journey: The Very Best of Donna Summer and Greatest Hits.
- THE BAND PERRY, THE MAVERICKS and JUSTIN MOORE will be among the performers at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race on July 29th. Some of the performances will air during the race broadcast.
- Today: Olympic hopefuls
- Good Morning America: Kevin Costner; actor Josh Brolin
- CBS This Morning: Musician Ronnie Dunn; polo player Nacho Figueras
- Kelly: Kevin Costner; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: TV host Joe Scarborough; author Gregg Allman; performance from "Jesus Christ Superstar"
- The Talk: Actress Rita Wilson; home decor essentials with TV host Chi-Lan Lieu
- Ellen DeGeneres: Charlize Theron; young presidential enthusiasts Rainer and Atticus Muuss
Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan is ready to return to the NBA and is said to be interested in the open Charlotte Bobcats and Orlando Magic coaching positions.
New Jersey's Frank Roder drove to the Rahway River with his 5-year-old son. When they arrived, Frank's son got out and bolted toward a ledge leading down to the river. Frank immediately chased after him and barely stopped his son before he plunged down the 35-foot ledge. Unfortunately, Frank failed to set the parking brake on his Jeep and he was unable to stop it before it plunged down the ledge. Police arrived and ticketed Frank for failing to use his emergency brake and failure to produce his insurance card, which was in the submerged Jeep. When Frank asked the cop what would've happened if he'd set the brake and failed to save his son, the officer told him he'd have gone to jail for child endangerment.
2001: 15-year-old Temba Tsheri became the youngest person to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
actor Will Sasso (Less Than Perfect, Mad TV, Three Stooges) 37