Bits and Pieces - May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012
It's now reported that Air Force One costs $179,750 per hour. That seems like a lot of money to watch an old Harrison Ford movie.
The tabloids continue to pile on JOHN TRAVOLTA as the National Enquirer says he and Kelly Preston are going to divorce because John's cross-dressing has been exposed. Of course, it's the Enquirer that's exposing the cross-dressing and they say Kelly was already dying of shame since those masseurs came out with their accusations and now this is the final straw. The story seems far-fetched, but Travolta did dress as middle-aged mom Edna Turnblad in Hairspray.
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is barely in the history books, but there's already talk of bringing it back with a younger cast. The new version would likely have more comedy and perhaps cameo appearances from the former Housewives.
- AEROSMITH announced that their new album, "Music From Another Dimension," will be out on August 28th. Aerosmith's Global Warming tour kicks off on June 16th in Minneapolis.
- EMINEM is working on his next album. However, you probably shouldn't get too excited because Eminem seemed to indicate he was hardly working at a feverish pace and didn't mention any time frame for its release.
- Look for LUKE BRYAN performing during a romantic date on Monday night's episode of "The Bachelorette." Luke will perform, "Drunk On You," and "Do I."
- Today: Pitbull performs
- Good Morning America: Robin Thicke performs; actors Nicole Kidman and Clive Owen; chef Richard Blais
- CBS This Morning: Director Barry Sonnenfeld
- Kelly: Actor Bill Paxton; actress Judith Light; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: Actor John Slattery; Train performs; guest co-host Donald Trump
- The Talk: Howie Mandel; celebrity organizer Justin Klosky
- Ellen DeGeneres: Matt LeBlanc; actress Olivia Munn; Rascal Flatts performs
LeBron James was the leading vote-getter for the All-NBA team. Kobe Bryant earned his 10th first-team selection, tying him for second on the career list. Karl Malone is the all-time leader with 11.
Deltona, Florida high school student Michael Rudi had an asthma attack on campus. Rudi said that when he started to pass out, he thought if he closed his eyes he wasn't going to wake up. Luckily, his inhaler was nearby and it would've come in handy had the school nurse not refused to let him use it because Rudi's mom hadn't signed a release form. Mom rushed to the school and arrived to find her son collapsed on the floor as the nurse watched. School officials are standing by the nurse's decision, although they couldn't explain why no one called 9-1-1.
1851: The New York Knickerbockers became the first baseball team to wear uniforms
newsman Anderson Cooper 45