Bits and Pieces - May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012
Kim Kardashian claims that a British Airways employee rifled through her luggage and stole some things that were sentimental and not replaceable. No word on what Kim's sentimental and irreplaceable items were, but we can rule out a husband.
Did AMANDA BYNES pull another hit and run? Someone claimed a woman hit their car on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley last month and then fled the scene. The supposed victim gave chase and saw the woman behind the wheel and got the car's license plate before it got away. Police traced the plate and it turned out to be a rental car. The alleged victim then contacted the car rental company and was supposedly told that the person who had rented the car was Amanda Bynes. They then went to the police station and ID'd Amanda from a mug shot. However, the city attorney's office declined to pursue the case because there was no independent witness. Incidentally, Amanda denies all.
There's good news if you think we don't have enough singing competition shows. NBC is teaming with THE VOICE creator and producer John de Mol on a new show called The Winner Is. Singers of all ages will compete in front of celebrity judges and will be given the opportunity to take a cash buyout and leave or stay on the show and compete for the top prize.
- Biologists have named a new genus of Israeli velvet spiders "loureedia annulipes," after Velvet Underground singer LOU REED.
- CHRIS BROWN has put his three bedroom condo in West Hollywood on the market for $1.9 million. The 3,000 square-foot apartment takes up the entire top floor in the four-story building, and has walls of glass and a huge balcony. The sale comes as good news for fellow tenants who say Brown was the neighbor form hell.
- DIERKS BENTLEY has taped an episode of CMT's Unplugged, which debuts today at 2 pm Eastern.
- Jay Leno: Kristen Stewart; Randy Jackson; James Morrison performs
- David Letterman: Stephen Colbert; actress Chloe Grace Moretz; performance from "Nice Work If You Can Get It."
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kristen Stewart; actress Chloe Grace Moretz; B.o.B. performs
- Conan: Mark Moffett; Ringo Starr performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Cameron Diaz; swimmer Michael Phelps; Of Monsters and Men
- Craig Ferguson: Actor D. J. Qualls; chef Wolfgang Puck
- Carson Daly: Musician Ed Sheeran; musical groups Cults and Wheeler Brothers; hip-hop artist Schoolboy Q
The Montreal Canadiens have reportedly hired Stanley Cup-winning head coach Bob Hartley as their next head coach.
Joshua Hughes apparently had a problem with three books at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Love Library North. Taking matters into his own hands, Hughes hid in the library until after it closed and then had a personal book burning party. Perhaps he should've read a few more books as Hughes soon found himself trapped in the library with the burning books and had to call 911 so police could check him out of the library and into jail.
2009: Jay Leno ended his first run as host of "The Tonight Show."
singer Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) 37