Bits and Pieces - May 31, 2012
May 31, 2012
Justin Bieber could face six months in jail over his weekend run-in with the paparazzi. However, they say he could get time off for adorable behavior.
Despite the critical pummeling that PARIS HILTON took over her first album a few years back, she has a new CD on the way and the buzz is she's telling friends that it has to be a hit for her to return to the limelight. Since her last album, Paris has had a reality show tank and is nowhere near as hot as she once was. Perhaps the worst part for Paris is the fact that her former BFF Kim Kardashian has stolen her spotlight and Hilton is said to be seething that Kim is now the one with the hot reality show and celebrity boyfriend.
Original BACHELORETTE TRISTA SUTTER is writing a book called Happily Ever After: The Life Changing Power of a Grateful Heart. Trista was the one Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant that actually managed to make it to the altar.
- NO DOUBT will reunite onstage for the first time in two-and-a-half years at the Nickelodeon Teen Choice Awards on July 22nd. It'll be the debut performance of the first single from their upcoming album.
- RIHANNA has released a new set of nude photos. While this isn't really news for Rihanna, this time it's a photo shoot to promote her new perfume, appropriately called Nude. Of course, you don't get to see any naughty bits as that's all covered up strategically by her arms.
- KENNY CHESNEY did a benefit concert over the weekend at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas for PLAN!T NOW. The organization grants scholarships to students impacted by severe weather events.
- Jay Leno: Kardashian sisters; TV personality Donny Deutsch; Karmin performs
- David Letterman: Robin Williams; football player Andrew Luck
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kristen Bell; actor Dax Shepard; actor Jason Mantzoukas; The Cult performs
- Conan: Actor John Krasinski; Jenny Slate; Evanescence performs
- Jimmy Fallon: President Barack Obama; Dave Matthews performs
- Craig Ferguson: Howie Mandel
- Carson Daly: Singer Kimbra; musical group Tennis; musician Gary Clark Jr.; rapper Kendrick Lamar
Former Detroit Tigers and Chicago White Sox outfielder Magglio Ordonez plans to announce his retirement on Sunday before Detroit plays the New York Yankees. Ordonez struggled last season, appearing in only 92 games.
Orlando plastic surgeon Dr. Armando Soto is suing 10 patients who he claims anonymously posted negative comments online about his services. Dr. Soto claims the complaints are lies and have damaged his good name and he's seeking $49,000 in damages. While critics say speaking anonymously is a fundamental right, Dr. Soto said he only sued to find out why his clients weren't satisfied and, if possible, fix the problems. However, he didn't say why he's seeking damages.
1996: Britain's Prince Andrew and the former Sarah Ferguson were granted an uncontested decree, ending their 10-year marriage.
singer Cee Lo Green (The Voice) 38