Bits and Pieces - June 1, 2012
June 1, 2012
Love letters written by Mike Tyson while he was in prison will be auctioned off next month. You can tell the letters were written by Tyson because they were sealed with an uppercut.
LINDSAY LOHAN got less than stellar reviews when she hosted Saturday Night Live and leave it to her father Michael Lohan to jump in and say that it was because she was on prescription drugs during her appearance. At the time, she was still on probation and was allowed to take five prescription drugs, including Zoloft and Adderall and he says that was the reason for Lindsay's lackluster performance.
TIM DALY won't be returning to PRIVATE PRACTICE next season. His character Pete has been written out of the show and Tim says he heard the news through his agent.
- U2'S BONO will present Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi with Amnesty International's Ambassador of Conscience award when she visits Dublin. She actually won the award in 2009, but was unable to claim the prize until now because she was under house arrest for 15 of the past 24 years.
- KANYE WEST could soon give us the grumpiest place on Earth. Kanye says that after next February's Grammy Awards are over he plans to focus on designing his own theme park.
- GARTH BROOKS has announced a new set of concerts at the Wynn Las Vegas coming up in November. Tickets are set to go on sale a week from tomorrow.
- Jay Leno: Scarlett Johansson; musician Blake Shelton; K'Naan performs
- David Letterman: Jim Parsons; journalist Mika Brzezinski; Macy Gray performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kathy Griffin; Bachelorette Emily Maynard; Gavin DeGraw
- Conan: Martin Short; actor Jon Bernthal; Dr. Dog performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Will Ferrell; actress Ellie Kemper; AWOLNATION performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Carrie Fisher; actor Tony Hale
- Carson Daly: Actor Jason Isaacs; musician Sydney Wayser; Rachel Yamagata performs
The NFL has announced that the Pro Bowl will be played next January and it will return to Honolulu a week before Super Bowl 47 in New Orleans.
A Northwestern University student was walked by a group of three men on Sunday night. As he passed, one of the men yelled "yo" at him, but the student kept walking. The three men caught up with the student and ordered him to empty his pockets or else they'd shoot him. The student calmly told the three men that he didn't think it was a good idea to rob him while they were standing in front of the university police station. The three stooges agreed and fled the scene on foot.
1941: The first issue of the Sunday newspaper magazine "Parade" went on sale
actor Colin Farrell (Alexander, Phone Booth, Daredevil) 36