Bits and Pieces - June 4, 2012
June 4, 2012
Rumor has it that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are moving in together. They say that if this works out it could lead to a sham marriage.
RUSSELL BRAND and KATY PERRY have been pretty much making nice since their split, but there's a story going around that he's sweating out his appearance in Katy's upcoming concert documentary, "Part of Me." In fact, they say that Brand asked that any footage shot while they were married be deleted. However, Russell's request was denied and he's supposedly worried that some of his rants could make him look bad if they make the final cut.
If you think your favorite GREY'S ANATOMY character survived last season's cliffhanger airplane crash, you may want to hold onto your flotation devices. Creator Shonda Rhimes says some of the characters who survived to the closing credits, may not survive. Rhimes says, "Just because you saw people alive at the end of the finale doesn't mean they're going to be alive when the season starts up."
- The concert that ROBERT PLANT and the Band of Joy filmed at Nashville's War Memorial Auditorium for the TV live series "Artist's Den" will be released on DVD and Blu Ray on July 10th. The DVD will include performances not seen on the TV show, including covers of the Led Zeppelin classics "Black Dog," "Houses of the Holy" and "Tangerine".
- DMX will release his next album, called "Undisputed," this fall. In the meantime, he kicks off his Undisputed: Weigh In tour tonight in Cincinnati.
- CONWAY TWITTY was honored with a marker on the Mississippi Country Music Trial. The marker was unveiled yesterday in Friars Point, where Twitty was born Harold Lloyd Jenkins in 1933.
- Today: Actor Chris Hemsworth; The Band Perry performs
- Good Morning America: Brad Paisley performs
- CBS This Morning: Actor Stephen Fry
- Kelly: Chris Hemsworth; Cirque du Soleil's "Zarkana"; actor Joey Lawrence; co-host Mike Greenberg
- The View: Charlize Theron; author Carmen Wong Ulrich; comic Margaret Cho; Joe Nichols performs; guest co-host Mario Cantone
- The Talk: Randy Jackson; author Agapi Stassinopoulos
- Ellen DeGeneres: Steve Harvey; actor Gabriel Mann; Jason Mraz performs
The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed center fielder Matt Kemp on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this month because of a left hamstring strain.
Kanye West showed up for a hearing in Manhattan Criminal Court this week. No, not that Kanye West. This was Mrs. Kanye West. She was a street performer named Linda Resa, who changed her name last year. The original Kanye supposedly told her he didn't have a problem with her name change as long as she acted like a lady. Among her ladylike attributes are having Kanye's name tattooed on her arm, chest and butt and appearing in court for throwing an amplifier through an Office Depot window on Broadway in Times Square last September.
1692: The first accused witch was hanged in Salem, Massachusetts
actress Leelee Sobieski (Eyes Wide Shut, Deep Impact, The Wicker Man) 30