Bits and Pieces - June 5, 2012
June 5, 2012
Hugh Hefner has gotten back together with Crystal Harris, the woman who called off their wedding last summer. It was the first time in years that a woman had stood Hefner up without Viagra.
This tidbit seems kind of iffy, but there's some buzz that BEYONCE and JAY-Z are already expecting their second child just five months after the arrival of Blue Ivy. Word is that Beyonce is about two months along and will probably go public with the news sometime around the end of the summer. Among the clues are Beyonce passing up alcoholic beverages and taking folic acid pills.
It turns out there was another farewell on the season finale of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE besides Kristen Wiig's. ANDY SAMBERG has announced that he's leaving the show after seven seasons.
- ELTON JOHN has now revealed that respiratory issue that landed him in the hospital recently was actually a bout of potentially deadly pneumonia and it took several days before the illness was correctly diagnosed.
- A rap group called HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD hasn't attracted much more than a cult following in their seven years, but that could change. Former lead singer Aron Erlichman was beaten by his bandmates, who were angry after he announced he was leaving the group to go solo.
- ERIC CHURCH is adding a fall leg to his Blood Sweat and Beers Tour. JUSTIN MOORE and KIP MOORE will open the shows and tickets go on sale this Friday.
- Jay Leno: Robert Downey Jr., Katherine McPhee; Art for Amnesty Band
- David Letterman: Joan Rivers; the Indy 500 winner; Silversun Pickups perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Christina Ricci; chef Adam Perry Lang; Fun performs
- Conan: David Mizejewski, actor Aaron Paul; Neon Trees perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Jason Schwartzman; actress Angie Harmon; Regina Spektor
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Jim Gaffigan; chef Cat Cora
- Carson Daly: Dr. Sanjay Gupta; Josh Baze; The Naked and the Famous perform
Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas has confirmed that he'll take a year off from hockey. Thomas says he plans to spend the year reconnecting with friends, family, and faith.
Teenage members of New York's Brower Boys gang wreaked havoc for over a year, committing home invasion burglaries and pawning the goods. Unfortunately, internal turmoil began to tear the gang apart as they argued over how their stolen loot was divided. Even worse, they argued over their ill-gotten gains on Facebook. Worse than that, they friended Michael Rodriquez, who found details of upcoming heists very helpful. That's because he was NYPD Detective Michael Rodriquez and he and his co-workers used the advance notice to set up video surveillance, which allowed them to record the burglaries and arrest the gang.
2009: Actor David Carradine was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room due to auto-erotic strangulation
supermodel Bar Refaeli 27