Bits and Pieces - June 8, 2012
June 8, 2012
The Playboy Club in Las Vegas has closed. Hugh Hefner gave all the bunnies pink slips and matching bras.
JIM CARREY has fired back at ex-girlfriend JENNY MCCARTHY after she accused him of not seeing her autistic son and not responding to indirect requests to do so and saying that the kid is in therapy because of it. In a statement, Carrey said: "I will always do what I believe is in the best interest of Evan's well being. It's unfortunate that Evan's privacy is not being considered. I love Evan very much and will miss him always." However, others are saying Jenny only brought this up now because she has her new Love in the Wild show to plug and figured this would get her some attention.
TV chefs ANTHONY BOURDAIN and NIGELLA LAWSON will host a reality cooking competition show for ABC. The show will pit America's most skilled cooks against one another. No word on when it will debut.
- Hot on the heels of their new boxed set, Strange Euphoria, HEART also has an album of new material on the way. The new album, called Fanatic, is due this fall and they'll hit the road on a summer tour starting June 29th.
- KANYE WEST'S new Air Yeezy 2 sneakers won't be out until Saturday, but some people have reportedly been camping outside stores for over a week, hoping to get a pair. They'll sell for $245, but bids for the shoes have already topped $90,000 on the Internet.
- KENNY CHESNEY will perform during Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular in New York City. The show will air live on NBC July 4th at 9 p.m. Eastern.
- Today: Chris Rock; actress Jada Pinkett Smith
- Good Morning America: Producer Jerry Weintraub; author Melissa Rycroft; Joe Walsh performs
- CBS This Morning: Horse trainer Doug O'Neill; former Gov. Jeb Bush
- Kelly: Jessica Chastain; Emeli SandÝ performs; "toy guy" Chris Byrne; co-host Neil Patrick Harris
- The View: Jane Fonda; TV host Lisa Ling
- The Talk: Jason Alexander; summer cooking with guest co-host Curtis Stone
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson; NFL studio analyst Michael Strahan; YouTube singing sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey perform
New York Yankees' closer Mariano Rivera will undergo surgery on his injured right knee next Tuesday. The 42-year-old Rivera says he expects to be ready to pitch again by the start of next season.
There's apparently a popular new game among teenagers called Ghost Train. The object is to get scared by parking on railroad tracks, letting the windows fog up inside the vehicle as your mind plays tricks on you. Five teenagers in Poplar Bluff, Missouri got real scared while playing Ghost Train when a real train approached and the driver couldn't restart her vehicle. Three of the teens got out safely, but two girls were too scared to unbuckle their seatbelts in time and are now ghosts.
1993: Woody Allen lost his custody battle against Mia Farrow.
actor Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad, Arrested Development) 24