Bits and Pieces - June 11, 2012
June 11, 2012
A pair of those new Kanye West Nike Air Yeezy 2 shoes sold on eBay for $90,300. The good news is the seller gave the buyer a positive review that read 'A+++ would rip him off again.'
Time has apparently run out for ex-Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin to apologize to DONALD TRUMP for accusing his beauty pageant of being rigged as Trump's lawyers are said to be preparing a defamation lawsuit. Meanwhile, two-time Miss USA host Giuliana Rancic says she wasn't surprised about Miss Pennsylvania resigning. Rancic says, "I remember her at rehearsals. She didn't seem that into it...It was almost like she felt defeated before the pageant, days before." Rancic also says there's no way the pageant was rigged.
Despite recent rumors, former Bachelorette winner ROBERTO MARTINEZ says he won't be the next star of THE BACHELOR. Roberto got engaged to Ali Fedotowsky, but they later split and the new rumor has it that producers approached him to be The Bachelor, but he's not interested. Of course, the new rumor may have been planted to throw everyone off the track.
- THE KILLERS have released a video trailer for their new album Battleborn online. The album is due this fall.
- LAURYN HILL has been charged with failing to file federal tax returns on more than $1.6 million in income for the years 2005 through 2007. She's scheduled to appear before a judge on June 29th.
- JERROD NIEMANN will release his next album, called Free the Music, on October 2nd. You can pre-order the album on Amazon.com now.
- Today: Actor Andy Samberg; Chris Brown performs; actress Jane Fonda
- Good Morning America: Counting Crows perform
- CBS This Morning: Neil Patrick Harris
- Kelly: Chris Rock; actor Patrick Duffy; actor Dean Cain; co-host Andy Samberg
- The View: Actor Michael Fassbender; reality-TV stars Jacqueline Laurita, Teresa Giudice, Melissa Gorga, Kathy Wakile and Caroline Manzo; chef Maneet Chauhan
- The Talk: Leighton Meester; Tia and Tamera Mowry; guest co-host Tabatha Coffey
- Ellen DeGeneres: Amanda Seyfried; YouTube singers Sophia Grace and Rosie
The New England Patriots have released receiver Chad Ochocinco after failing to deal him to another team and he'll now become a free agent. His 15 catches for 276 yards and one TD cost the Patriots $5.75 million.
Bridgeport, Connecticut's Winston Riley was arrested after he pulled a knife on a woman in a Mohegan Sun casino parking garage elevator and demanded money. Riley confessed to the crime after he was arrested and told police he "just wanted some money." However, his lawyer now has a different story. He says that Riley was sleepwalking at the time and only woke up when the woman screamed and ran away in fright. Riley's lawyer says, "Do you honestly think he woke up one morning, drove across the state and decided to rob a woman in a place full of security cameras? It doesn't make sense if you think about it rationally."
1775: The Revolutionary War Battle of Bunker Hill was fought near Boston.
singer Barry Manilow 66