Bits and Pieces - June 14, 2012
June 14, 2012
Police now say that there was an open container of alcohol in Lindsay Lohan's car when she got into that car accident. The good news is police say they know it didn't belong to Lindsay because the container still had alcohol in it.
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but DENISE RICHARDS and RICHIE SAMBORA have split up. They had a huge blow up in Nashville last week when he went there to present at the CMT Awards. Their fight was so loud that guests at the Hermitage Hotel say they heard Sambora tell Denise he had a problem with her staying in contact with her ex, Charlie Sheen. Of course, it's tough not to be in contact when they share custody of their kids.
TOM BERGERON will host the annual PBS special A Capitol Fourth on Independence Day. Others appearing on the show include Matthew Broderick, Josh Turner; Kool & The Gang and the National Symphony Orchestra.
- NO DOUBT has announced that their new album will be called "Push and Shove." It's their first album in 11 years and it'll be out September 25th. The first single will be "Settle Down" and that's due July 16th.
- OPRAH WINFREY and 50 Cent have apparently ended their feud. It goes back to when Oprah went on a rant about the negativity of rap music and singled out 50. In retaliation, he named his female dog Oprah. They sit down this Sunday night on Oprah's show to hash things out.
- TRACE ADKINS will appear on the DIY channel special, Ultimate Fishing Lodge. The special was shot on location at Deep Water Cay in the Bahamas. Look for it on DIY this Sunday evening.
- Today: Chef Giada DeLaurentiis; actor Ice-T; Josh Turner performs
- Good Morning America: Daredevil Nik Wallenda; actor Kevin McKidd; animal handler Jack Hanna
- CBS This Morning: Former Secretary of State Colin Powell; comic Adam Carolla
- Kelly: Hugh Grant; actor Blair Underwood; co-host Jesse Palmer
- The View: Tyra Banks; author Meghan McCain; documentary stars Kori Cioca and Ariana Klay ("The Invisible War")
- The Talk: "Dallas" reunion; surprise celebrity dad
- Ellen DeGeneres: Randy Jackson; actor Justin Theroux; Natasha Bedingfield performs
Fresh off their Stanley Cup win, the Los Angeles Kings reportedly plan to go after free agent New Jersey Devils captain Zach Parise in the off-season.
It was a rocky road for Blackburn, England ice cream truck drivers Zeheer Ramzan, who works for Mr. Yummy and Mohammed Mulla, who drives the Mr. Whippy truck. The spumoni hit the fan when one young girl approached one of the trucks to buy an ice cream cone. When the other vendor told the kid he could sell it to her cheaper, a kerfuffle ensued between the rivals. As a witness videotaped the clash, Ramzan broke the window of Mulla's truck and Mulla returned the favor by driving his truck into Ramzan's.
1921: Babe Ruth hit his longest home run, a 460-foot shot at the Polo Grounds in New York
actress Ally Sheedy (St. Elmo's Fire, The Breakfast Club) 50