Bits and Pieces - June 15, 2012
June 15, 2012
Showtime says that the upcoming eighth season of the TV show Weeds will be its last. However, Showtime claimed it only used the show for medicinal purposes.
The war between KRIS HUMPHRIES and alleged girlfriend Myla Sinanaj rages on. Lawyers for Kris called the upscale New York City hotel where she works and told the manager that she was running a brothel out of the place and had sex with hotel guests. It was an attempt to get her fired and show that they're not to be messed with. However, the manager checked out the story and cleared Myla and now her lawyer says a defamation case against Kris is likely.
PORTIA DE ROSSI has landed the role of Lily Munster in THE MUNSTERS' remake Mockingbird Lane. Jerry O'Connell was recently cast as Herman.
- PEARL JAM is throwing their support behind Montana Senator Jon Tester by raffling off two on-stage reclining seats to their September 30th show in Missoula. The winner also gets VIP passes, round-trip travel, hotel accommodations and dinner with Tester and Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who happens to be a Montana native and longtime friend of the Tester family.
- SEAN PAUL and his longtime girlfriend Jodi Stewart got married in Jamaica. They'd been engaged for nearly two years and finally tied the knot last month.
- KENNY CHESNEY is teaming up with Oscar-winning director Jonathan Demme for an online concert. Chesney will perform on the beach in Wildwood, New Jersey as part of the "American Express Unstaged" music series next Wednesday. The concert will be seen on YouTube and VEVO's mobile apps.
- Jay Leno: Penelope Cruz; TV personality Rick Harrison; We Are Augustines
- David Letterman: Comic Lenny Marcus; Elizabeth Cook performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jada Pinkett Smith; baseball player Matt Kemp; The Temper Trap
- Conan: Adam Sandler; comic T.J. Miller
- Jimmy Fallon: Paul Giamatti; actor Patrick J. Adams; Dukes of September
- Craig Ferguson: Don Rickles; actor Max Greenfield
- Carson Daly: Actor Artie Lange; singer Chely Wright; We Are Augustines
The WBO says it'll review Timothy Bradley's controversial split decision victory over Manny Pacquiao. The committee will review video of the fight with five "recognized international judges" and make a recommendation.
Louisville's Kristopher Bacanskas was in a holding cell waiting to be taken back to jail on wanton endangerment charges when a deputy opened the cell door. Seeing his chance at freedom, Kristopher rushed the deputy, pushed him through the cell door and slammed him through a second door. Unfortunately for Kristopher, that door led to the courtroom where another deputy was standing by to help and the judge had a panic button she pushed to summon even more help. Kristopher didn't help himself on his previous wanton endangerment charges as courtroom video shows the other deputies prying his hands from the officer's neck.
2004: Space Ship One made its first flight into space.
actor Bernie Kopell (The Love Boat, Get Smart) 79