Bits and Pieces - June 18, 2012
June 18, 2012
Jenny McCarthy says she tried to send a picture of her son's abscessed tooth to her dentist, but accidentally sent him a nude photo of herself. Jenny was upset because she doesn't want anyone seeing her naked unless they buy a copy of Playboy.
Former Xena: Warrior Princess star LUCY LAWLESS could be facing three years in prison over that environmental protest she took part in back in February. She's pleaded guilty to trespassing charges after taking over a drilling tower in New Zealand for four days in a protest against Arctic oil exploration. Lucy says she has no regrets and she'll likely avoid jail time when she's sentenced in September.
DAVID BOREANAZ has hinted that the next season of BONES could be its last. He posted a series of Tweets about how he'll become a "free agent" after next spring and the Bones farewell tour being in full swing. For the record, the studio says no discussions about the show's future have taken place.
- DAVID BYRNE and ST. VINCENT will release an album called Love This Giant on September 11th. The album has been in the works for over two years and they'll tour North America in the fall, playing both songs from the new album as well as their individual material.
- 50 CENT has confirmed that his next album, called Five (Murder by Numbers), will be out July 3rd.
- SARA EVANS sang the national anthem before last night's Game 2 of the NBA finals between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Miami Heat.
- Today: Adam Sandler; Justin Bieber performs; Norah Jones performs
- Good Morning America: The Beach Boys perform; tennis players Chris Everett and John McEnroe
- CBS This Morning: Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
- Kelly: Actor John Slattery; actress Martha Plimpton; actress Laura Linney; co-host Joel McHale
- The View: Catherine Zeta-Jones; TV host James Lipton
- The Talk: Actor Kevin McKidd; surprise celebrity dad
- Ellen DeGeneres: Russell Brand; Internet singers Sophia Grace and Rosie; dancers from "Step Up Revolution" perform
Joe Torre will return to the dugout next year to manage the United States at the World Baseball Classic. After a long managerial career, Torre is now Major League Baseball's Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations.
Florida's 46-year-old Robert V. Lyons and his unnamed 24-year-old pal from New York were in Northern Virginia for construction work when they decided to supplement their incomes by shoplifting at Wal-Mart. Hopefully their construction skills are better than their robbery skills. As the New Yorker went in and picked up a few things, employees grabbed the stuff back and he fled to his waiting truck. As the pair drove off, the truck's muffler dislodged and they stopped to fix it. Lyons got into the driver's seat and, at the request of the New Yorker, drove the truck forward and promptly ran him over. They attempted to flee again, but were forced to call rescue personnel and the New Yorker remains in serious condition. On the bright side, Wal-Mart enforced the mercy rule and declined to prosecute.
1922: The American Professional Football Association changed its name to The National Football League.
actress Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights, Just Go With It, Parenthood) 22