Bits and Pieces - June 19, 2012
June 19, 2012
Charlie Sheen says he plans to retire from acting after his upcoming TV show Anger Management. Charlie says he wants to spend more time with his bartender.
JACK OSBOURNE has revealed that he's been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Osbourne got the news just two weeks after he and fiance Lisa Stelly welcomed daughter Pearl Clementine on April 24th and he says, "I was just angry and frustrated and kept thinking, why now? I've got a family and that's what's supposed to be the most important thing." MS is a disease that affects the central nervous system and can affect muscle control, strength and vision.
Comedian YVETTE WILSON, best known for her role on the shows Moesha and its spinoff, The Parkers, died Thursday at the age of 48 after battling cervical cancer and kidney disease.
- LADY GAGA has managed to tweak off officials in Thailand again. After comments about buying a fake Rolex there, she tied the country's flag to the back of a motorcycle as she rode on stage while wearing a bikini during her concert in Bangkok. Thailand's Culture Ministry called it "offensive" and "inappropriate" and filed a formal police complaint over the matter.
- Rapper TONE LOC collapsed on stage during a concert Friday night in Austin, Texas after suffering from heat exhaustion. Mr. Loc was helped off stage and after cooling off for 30 minutes he returned to finish his set.
- A new documentary about CHELY WRIGHT has opened in New York and Los Angeles. The film follows her life after she came out of the closet and the fallout that ensued.
- Jay Leno: Steve Carell; Newark Mayor Cory Booker; Glen Hansard performs
- David Letterman: Denis Leary; actress Olivia Wilde; The Pierces perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: David Spade; actor Joel McHale
- Conan: Martin Short; actress Aubrey Plaza; Spring Standards performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Joan Rivers; wrestler CM Punk; Fiona Apple performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Kelly MacDonald; actor Kevin McKidd
- Carson Daly: Guy Pearce, Lee Fields & The Expressions perform
The State of California is going after Chris Webber, saying he owes the state for unpaid taxes from 2008 and 2009. The state says that with penalties and interest Webber owes nearly $119,000.
Many dads got lame Father's Day gifts yesterday like neckties and cologne. It could've been worse. Your daughter could've been O'Fallon, Missouri's Jodi L. England. It seems that Jodi is facing drug charges after she sold $10 worth of heroin to her father, who overdosed and had to be treated at a hospital. Dad told police he knew his daughter was a heroin addict and he wanted to do heroin too.
2000: Tiger Woods set a PGA record when he won the US Open by 15 strokes
singer Blake Shelton 36