Bits and Pieces - June 20, 2012
June 20, 2012
Rumor has it that Beyonce bought her husband Jay-Z a $40 million private jet for Father's Day. I'm proud to say that I also got something from Beyonce for Father's Day. The kids chipped in and got me her last CD.
A couple of CHANNING TATUM'S old stripper pals aren't too happy about his new movie "Magic Mike." The movie is partially based on his real-life experiences as a dancer back in Florida, but a couple of the guys he used to dance with, who call themselves "Awesome" Austin and London Steele, say the film is based more off their lives than Tatum's. Awesome says that he even gave the name "Magic Mike" to another dancer and is disappointed that Tatum didn't get them involved in the film, since they took him under their wings and taught him all the moves like "The Hot Seat," which Awesome claims to have invented. Awesome says Tatum only danced for 4 months and wonders how many events in the movie could've really happened to him and that short amount of time.
ARSENIO HALL is returning to late-night TV. Arsenio hosted a syndicated late-night show from 1989-94 and his new show will debut in the fall of 2013.
- THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS have 18 new songs on the way. The tunes will be released in the form of nine singles and B-sides over the next six months in both digital and 7-inch vinyl format. Up first will be "Strange Man" backed with "Long Progression" on August 14th.
- RIHANNA will sit down for an interview with Oprah Winfrey for Oprah's Next Chapter. Rihanna will talk about Chris Brown and her recent stay in the hospital, among other things. The interview will air in August.
- SUGARLAND is going to be a little bit sweeter as Jennifer Nettles and new husband Justin Miller are expecting their first child. They got married last November and the baby is due to arrive just in time for their first anniversary.
- Today: Becoming a better cook; freebies; outdoor decor; summer safety gadgets
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Professional golfer Bubba Watson; journalist Rachel Swarns
- Kelly: Mary J. Blige; actor Mark Feuerstein; chef Cat Cora; Rita Wilson performs; co-host Nick Lachey
- The View: How Funny Are You? with guest judge Mario Cantone; Justin Bieber
- The Talk: Comic Adam Carolla; author Dan Bucatinsky; dog trainer Justin Silver
- Ellen DeGeneres: Sam Worthington; football player Michael Strahan; Seal performs
The San Jose Sharks officially announced that coach Todd McLellan would return for a fifth season in the fall.
Taking Tebowing to a new level was Hopatcong, New Jersey's 28-year-old Jason Slater. Jason called 911 three times saying that he was the president of the United States and wanted to talk to New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow. Police traced the call and went to his house to make sure there wasn't an emergency. Not surprisingly, it turned out that Jason still lived with his mother and was found hiding in her closet. Jason was arrested for creating false public alarms.
1999: Britain's Prince Edward married commoner Sophie Rhys-Jones in Windsor, England.
actress Zoe Saldana (The Terminal, Avatar, Star Trek) 34