Bits and Pieces - June 22, 2012
June 22, 2012
Ashton Kutcher is suing the California Department of Motor Vehicles because they backed out of a deal to do a reality show. I think it was going to be called 16 and Still Waiting in Line.
HALLE BERRY has been ordered to pay baby daddy Gabriel Aubry $20,000 a month in child support. Aubry had asked a judge to force Halle to give him $15,000 to $20,000 a month so their 4-year-old daughter, Nahla, could live in the surroundings to which she's become accustomed. However, the judge has yet to decide whether Halle can take Nahla and move to Paris.
Rumor has it that former Cosby kid KESHIA KNIGHT PULLIAM has joined the cast of REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA. Bravo won't confirm or deny, but the new cast should be announced soon.
- AXL ROSE did a face plant on stage in France over the weekend. GUNS N' ROSES were just 30 seconds into Sweet Child O'Mine when Axl went down and, yes, at least one person captured it on video, even where he went on to screw up the lyrics.
- CEE LO GREEN will hit the road for a summer tour with FLO RIDA and B.o.B. The tour will kick off July 3rd in Coral Gables, Florida.
- GLEN CAMPBELL has released "A Better Place" as his final video. Glen was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease last year and will retire after wrapping his Goodbye Tour later this year.
- Jay Leno: Katy Perry; man who traveled the world free; Needtobreathe performs
- David Letterman: Justin Bieber; actor Michael Ian Black
- Jimmy Kimmel: TV host Anderson Cooper; Metric performs
- Conan: Actress Jordana Brewster; The Avett Brothers performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Courteney Cox; actor Anthony Mackie; Kenny Chesney performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Jeff Daniels; author John Irving
- Carson Daly: Film producer Harvey Weinstein; director Timur Bekmambetov; Kasabian performs
The BCS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick have endorsed a four-team playoff model for college football that would begin for the 2014 season. The plan must be approved by the BCS presidential oversight committee, which meets June 26th.
Snellville, Georgia teenager Karl Render Rickmon recently pulled off the crime of the century when he phoned in a fake food order with Joe's to Goes. When the driver arrived at the otherwise vacant house, Karl was waiting with his gun drawn and took 50 wings, some French fries, cash and the driver's cell phone. The driver didn't get a good look at Karl, but it turned out he didn't have to as his phone had a GPS app, which led police to Karl and led Karl to jail.
2004: Space Ship One made its first flight into space.
actor Bernie Kopell (The Love Boat, Get Smart) 79