Bits and Pieces - June 25, 2012
June 25, 2012
Rumor has it Simon Cowell has gone under the knife for a neck lift. This would be the second time Simon has had cosmetic surgery if you count his breast implants.
This seems a bit far-fetched, but a British tabloid is saying that JOHNNY DEPP may pay ex-partner Vanessa Paradis up to $150 million and give her their home in France to keep their split amicable and out of court. They were together for 14 years and have two kids, but were never married. Word is that they tried for months to save their relationship, but one source says they'd grown too far apart and Depp was bored senseless with her and being with Vanessa was making him miserable. Depp had been romantically linked to his co-stars Eva Green and Amber Heard, and his publicist, Robin Baum, which had prompted rumors of his split with Vanessa for several months.
NBC reportedly made a major offer to MEREDITH VIEIRA a couple weeks ago to return to the Today Show and replace ANN CURRY, but she turned it down.
- RADIOHEAD has been forced to postpone several upcoming European shows following the stage collapse in Toronto that killed their drum technician, injured three other crew members and destroyed their light show.
- M.I.A. will release a USB necklace that looks like a BMW car key and holds remixes of her song "Bad Girls." It'll set you back $50 and be out July 6th and fans can pre-order now on her website.
- MARTINA MCBRIDE is joining the "Artist Development Team" on the E channel's new talent show, "Opening Act." The show premieres Monday, July 9th.
- Today: Kenny Chesney performs
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Actress Greta Gerwig; author Stephen Mansfield
- Kelly: Cameron Diaz; comic Stephen Colbert; co-host Michael Strahan
- The View: Guest co-host Arsenio Hall; actress Patricia Heaton; actresses Ellen Page and Greta Gerwig; author David Hartman
- The Talk: Joan Rivers
- Ellen DeGeneres: Julianna Margulies; comic Kevin Nealon; singers Sophia Grace and Rosie
The National Hockey League released its schedule for next season. Assuming a new labor deal can be worked out, the Los Angeles Kings will raise its Stanley Cup banner on October 12th when it hosts the New York Rangers and Detroit will face Toronto in the Winter Classic on January 1st at Michigan Stadium.
Athens, Georgia's 20-year-old Christopher Jamal Cooper broke into an apartment, stole a 51-inch flat screen TV and fled with the TV on his back. Unfortunately for Jamal, a neighbor saw him and called police. When officers found Jamal, he denied taking the TV, but then told them he hid it in some woods, but said he shouldn't get in trouble for taking the TV since the people he stole it from had stolen it themselves. A quick check with the TV's owner found that she'd purchased it at a flea market for her boyfriend, who's currently is on jail on unspecified charges and possibly Jamal's new cellmate.
1985: Cable channel Nick at Nite premiered
actress Liv Tyler (That Thing You Do, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk) 35