Bits and Pieces - June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012
A rare original copy of President Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation sold at an auction this week for more than $2 million. Lincoln signed the proclamation right after he came back from a vampire hunting trip.
There was talk that BACHELORETTE host CHRIS HARRISON should be the next Bachelor since he's now a bachelor in real life. However, if you believe Star magazine, Chris already found someone and she's current Bachelorette EMILY MAYNARD! The tabloid says they've fallen for each other and Chris supposedly told staffers that Emily was the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid eyes on. Former winner Vienna Girardi says she guarantees Emily and Chris will end up together eventually. Meanwhile, talks are continuing to bring ROBERTO MARTINEZ back as the next Bachelor, but ALI FEDOTOWSKY is dead set against it after their split. Not only does Ali feel it would be a slap in the face, she's afraid of what Roberto might say about their breakup on TV.
Thanks to the early success of the new version of the classic nighttime soap DALLAS, word has it that talks are underway with JOAN COLLINS and LINDA EVANS to do an updated version of DYNASTY.
- MUSE'S new tune Survival has been named the official song for the 2012 London summer Olympic Games. The song debuted yesterday on BBC radio and will be played as athletes enter the venues and before medal ceremonies.
- R. KELLY is having complications from his throat surgery and will have to skip some planned promotional appearances for his new album and memoir. No word on how long he might be out of action.
- TOBY KEITH has opened up another one of his "I Love This Bar and Grill" locations. This one is in Dallas and the delicacies include fried mac and cheese and a fried bologna sandwich. Members of the military can get the American Soldier burger for free anytime they stop in and show their government ID.
- Today: Matthew McConaughey; actor Channing Tatum
- Good Morning America: Singer Usher; director Oliver Stone; actor Taylor Kitsch
- CBS This Morning: Director Seth MacFarlane
- Kelly: Channing Tatum; psychic Char; Carly Rae Jepsen performs; co-host Michael Strahan
- The View: Actor Taylor Kitsch; actress Quvenzhane Wallis
- The Talk: Elizabeth Banks; interior designer Jeff Lewis; guest co-host Kate Bilo
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kellie Pickler performs; actor Joel McHale; dancer Marquese Scott
The injury bug has bitten the New York Yankees. Pitcher CC Sabathia was placed on the 15-day DL yesterday with a strained groin. The news was even worse for the Yankees as Andy Pettitte broke his left ankle when hit by a line drive and will be gone for at least six weeks.
The manager of a Fort Walton Beach, Florida McDonald's noticed a car loitering in the back of the parking lot and the occupants interacting with different people. The manager called police who arrested one man on an outstanding warrant and another after he consented to a pat-down search, saying, "Go ahead and search me because I ain't got nothing on me." Well, nothing aside from the bag of pills that officers noted was located next to his testicles and a white powdery substance.
2001: The last Plymouth rolled off the assembly line.
director Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, The Producers, High Anxiety) 86