Bits and Pieces - July 3, 2012
July 3, 2012
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are breaking up. You could tell there was trouble when Tom started jumping up and down on his divorce lawyer's sofa.
BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN still won't confirm wife MEGAN FOX'S pregnancy despite the obvious baby bump bikini photos, but he did send out a Tweet that said, "Thank you everyone. We are so happy. By the way that last tweet does not confirm or deny anything."
There's good news for fans of the new update of the TV series DALLAS and the legal drama RIZZOLI & ISLES as the TNT channel has announced that both shows will be back for another season.
- PUDDLE OF MUDD singer WES SCANTLIN recently signed his divorce papers and was apparently pretty happy to do so since he included not one, but two smiley faces. After four years of marriage, he'll be paying out over $2,500 per month in alimony.
- KANYE WEST is featured in a new erotic video for the launch of model Anja Rubik's 25 magazine. The video features nude imagery interspersed with a fully-clothed Kanye saying things like, "Through me, the everlasting pain/ Abandon all hope."
- MIRANDA LAMBERT has finally revealed the identity of the "Fastest Girl in Town." Her upcoming video for the song will feature NASCAR driver Danica Patrick.
- Jay Leno: Katy Perry; man who traveled the world free; Needtobreathe performs
- David Letterman: Kid scientists; actress Elizabeth Banks; Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jada Pinkett Smith; baseball player Matt Kemp; The Temper Trap
- Conan: Rebecca Romijn; actor Steve Martin; Cake performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Charlie Sheen; TV host Beth Stern; comic Anthony Davis; Alabama Shakes perform
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Julie Andrews; actor Michael Emerson
- Carson Daly: Actress Katharine McPhee; Wallpaper performs
Denny Hamlin has signed a contract extension with Joe Gibbs Racing. Hamlin announced the news on Twitter, but didn't say how many years the extension was for. The question remains as to whether Gibbs will field a three or four car team next season and whether Matt Kenseth will be driving for Gibbs.
Ilyass Nabih and Thony Sengsoulya decided to shoot some heroin. While that's stupid in itself, the two idiots decided that an ideal location to embark on their trip was in their car in a parking lot. If that weren't stupid enough, it was the parking lot of the Lawrence, Massachusetts Police Department. The guys pegged the idiot meter when they chose to park at an angle, taking up two spots in a restricted area of the lot marked for police vehicles only. Perhaps never encountering a stupid criminal before, Patrolman Adam Goujon said he was shocked when he caught the men shooting up and one of them saying something to the effect of 'I'm stupid.'"
2002: American Steve Fossett became the first person to fly a balloon solo around the world
actress Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical, Donnie Darko, Hellcats) 27