Bits and Pieces - July 5, 2012
July 5, 2012
The buzz continues over the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce. Rumor has it that Katie is divorcing Tom because of his involvement in Scientology and his involvement in Rock of Ages.
KATIE HOLMES says in divorce papers that her marriage to TOM CRUISE was irretrievably broken at least six months ago. However, they were seen in Iceland, where he's filming a movie, walking hand-in-hand just a couple weeks ago and wearing their wedding rings as recently as last week, although Katie was seen without hers yesterday. Katie did stop going to Scientology classes over 18 months ago and replaced the security team Tom assigned to her with her own people to prevent spying. As for those rumors Katie was being shadowed by Scientologists, someone from her building called the cops on Sunday about five suspicious men sitting in an SUV outside. Police asked what they were doing there, but didn't get any straight answers and they refused to talk to reporters.
There's good news for fans of TRUE BLOOD, EASTBOUND AND DOWN and the new show THE NEWSROOM as HBO says they're bringing them all back for another season.
- BLUR performed a couple new songs during their secret rooftop performance. The songs "Under the Westway" and "The Puritan" are now both available on iTunes.
- PITBULL may soon become a sled dog! Pitbull has a deal with Wal-Mart where he'll visit the location with the most Facebook likes and a writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send him to the most remote store possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Wal-Mart in Kodiak, Alaska. So far, they're leading with over 35,000 votes!
- TIM MCGRAW will tape an appearance on the TV show Austin City Limits next month. An air date has yet to be announced.
- Jay Leno: Kevin Costner; actress Bailee Madison; Lisa Marie Presley performs
- David Letterman: Conan O'Brien; Regina Spektor performs; John Mayer performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Sally Field; basketball's Kevin Love; Waka Flocka Flame
- Conan: Jennifer Aniston; comic Jay Larson; Ron and Amy Shirley
- Jimmy Fallon: Will Smith; actor Bill Paxton; Ronnie Dunn performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jeffrey Dean Morgan; emails with comic Stephen Wright
- Carson Daly: Chef Mario Batali, actress Ry Russo-Young; White Denim perform
Top draft pick Anthony Davis suffered a sprained left ankle while working out with the new Orleans Hornets on Sunday and may be forced to sit out the summer Olympics in London.
Apparently cigarettes really can kill you. Glenn Thervil and Roderick Ferguson were hanging out in a Deerfield Beach, Florida park when a fight broke out between the two of them. The fight escalated until Ferguson shot and killed Thervil. Ferguson was later arrested on murder charges and, in case you were wondering, the fight started when Thervil tried to bum a cigarette from Ferguson.
1922: The first issue of Fruit Garden and Home was published. It later became Better Homes and Gardens
actor Thomas Gibson (Dharma & Greg, Chicago Hope, Criminal Minds) 50