Bits and Pieces - July 6, 2012
July 6, 2012
Jersey Shore's Snooki was seen pushing a baby stroller holding a case of Coors Light down the streets of Seaside Heights this week. Apparently it was the result of Snooki's casual hookup with Sam Adams.
The big sticking point in the TOM CRUISE - KATIE HOLMES divorce is going to be custody of their daughter Suri. The rumors continue that Katie was concerned about Suri getting sucked into Scientology and her lawyers have filed for an emergency custody and child support hearing in New York on July 17th, which will require both of them to appear in person. While the couple has a pre-nup that gives Katie virtually nothing in alimony, she could clean up when it comes to child support. The divorce could also clear the way for a Dawson's Creek reunion. Katie had said she'd be up for one, but Tom supposedly put the kibosh on it, saying she should look to the future and not the past.
CELEBRITY APPRENTICE could have its own all-star season this fall. NBC has approached Donald Trump with the idea, but no decision has been made.
- FOO FIGHTER DAVE GROHL'S hometown of Warren, Ohio will unveil two 900-pound drumsticks created from poplar logs in his honor this weekend. The drumsticks will remain at the Warren Amphitheater until September, when they'll be moved to Dave Grohl Alley. In 2009 Warren dedicated a street to Grohl, who was born there, although he moved to Alexandria, Virginia when he was young.
- FRANK OCEAN, from the rap group Odd Future, has come out of the closet, making him the first hip hop star to reveal his attraction to men. Ocean also collaborated with Kanye West and Jay-Z on "Watch the Throne."
- After KENNY CHESNEY and TIM MCGRAW'S Brothers of the Sun Tour played for a sellout crowd at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field last weekend, the Rooney family, who own the Pittsburgh Steelers, presented Kenny with a cast iron Six for Six plaque. It commemorates both his six sold out shows and the Steelers six Super Bowls Championships.
- Today: Loans for fertility treatments; ambush makeovers; travel products
- Good Morning America: TBA
- CBS This Morning: Actress Audra McDonald; musician Bonnie Raitt
- Kelly: Salma Hayek; actor Rhys Ifans; co-host Carrie Ann Inaba
- The View: Celebrating family; TV host Troy Dunn
- The Talk: Actress Mary McCormack; chef Paul Bartolotta
- Ellen DeGeneres: Katy Perry; Alanis Morissette performs; Sophia Grace and Rosie
The Houston Rockets have reportedly offered a contract to New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin worth about $30 million over four years.
Firefighters were on high alert yesterday with New Mexico being one of the places where fire danger was listed as extreme. Peralta Mayor Bryan Olguin said, "I pray to God all the time that there's no fires." However, that didn't stop the mayor from supporting the sale of fireworks, perhaps because his wife runs a fireworks stand. When asked about selling fireworks if he's so concerned about fires Olguin said, "I'm selling them because when somebody's starting a fire from fireworks it's usually from irresponsibility. I can't take responsibility for stupidityness."
1975: Arthur Ashe became the first black man to win a Wimbledon singles title
actress Katherine Helmond (Soap, Who's the Boss, Coach) 78