Bits and Pieces - July 9, 2012
July 9, 2012
Katy Perry's 3-D movie a Part of Me is now in movie theaters. They say that Katie's breasts appear huge and seem to pop out at you. So, apparently the 3-D has no real effects.
The next big celebrity breakup may involve JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ. The buzz is that they've actually broken up several times in the last few months, most recently last week, but have always patched things up. At last report they're back on for now, but things are kind of iffy. Perhaps not helping with the rift is Justin being quoted as saying, "I think I'm a butt guy. I just like butts. I'm attracted to them. Do I have any favorites? Nicki Minaj has got a nice one."
SETH MEYERS is now said to be the leading candidate to replace Regis Philbin as Kelly Ripa's co-host on Live! However, Michael Strahan and Josh Groban are apparently still in the running.
- JACK WHITE has confirmed that RADIOHEAD recorded new material at his Nashville studio earlier this year. However, White says he wasn't involved with the recording session.
- Former THREE 6 MAFIA member Crunchy Black was shot in the face and leg in Las Vegas. Crunchy is currently recovering and police are treating it as an attempted murder, but no suspects have been arrested.
- This week's country singer with a burning tour bus is CHRIS YOUNG. Chris and his crew were headed to a show in Charlotte when their bus started smoking and everyone was ordered to evacuate. Luckily they had a fire extinguisher and got to the glowing red engine just before the bus burst into flames.
- Today: Flo Rida performs; TV host Howie Mandel
- Good Morning America: Demi Lovato performs
- CBS This Morning: Musician Ringo Starr; actor Alan Cumming
- Kelly: Actress Rose Byrne; reality star Caroline Manzo; co-host Mark Feuerstein
- The View: Guest co-host Andy Cohen; Wayne Brady; Haley Reinhart performs
- The Talk: Actress Rita Wilson; home decor essentials with TV host Chi-Lan Lieu
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kate Walsh; actor Christopher Plummer; YouTube singers Sophia Grace and Rosie
Jeremy Lin has reportedly agreed to four-year deal worth more than $30 million with the Houston Rockets. The Knicks would have three days to match the offer after Lin signs the deal on July 11th.
While it's never a good idea to chase an ex-girlfriend with a large knife, if you choose to ignore that rule, you should abandon the pursuit when she runs into a police station. This would've been a valuable pro tip for Lynn, Massachusetts' 40-year-old Constantine Greven. When Constantine saw a former female lover riding her bike, he told her: "Today is a good day to die. I'm not going back to jail, someone is going to die." Constantine chased the woman until Officer Raymond Therrien intervened in the police department lobby by delivering several knee strikes to his midsection until he dropped the knife. It turned out that Constantine was wrong as no one died and he did go back to jail.
1876: Washington Bradley threw baseball's first no-hitter
actor Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills 90210, Freddie, Desperate Housewives) 39