Bits and Pieces - July 10, 2012
July 10, 2012
A huge heat wave continues to grip much of the country. It's so hot that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are fighting over custody of Ben & Jerry.
The JOHNNY DEPP and VANESSA PARADIS split could get nasty. Supposed insiders say that Vanessa is furious and ready for a fight and wants Johnny to spend as little time as possible with their children. She also doesn't want the kids exposed to any of his new girlfriends and the $100 million Depp supposedly offered her to make it all go away apparently isn't enough.
There could be another judging shakeup on AMERICAN IDOL this season. Producers want Jennifer Lopez back, but she's not too interested. The futures of Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler are also up in the air and possible replacements being mentioned include Adam Lambert.
- PEARL JAM played their 1000th show in Stockholm, Sweden on Friday night. A number of fans from their Ten Club are following the band on its European tour and the group chose one fan to win a trip to Amsterdam to see them play there and gave that person the opportunity to put together their set list for one of the two Amsterdam shows.
- KANYE WEST has begun work on his next solo album. No word yet on when he hopes to have it out.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT is on voice rest and had to cancel several concerts over the weekend. Miranda's rep says she's under the care of her doctor and hopes to return to the road next weekend.
- Jay Leno: Wanda Sykes; actor Rob Riggle; Kimbra performs
- David Letterman: Ray Romano; Tom Waits performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Paul Reubens; actress Dreama Walker; Marina and the Diamonds
- Conan: Kristin Chenoweth; actor Liam Hemsworth
- Jimmy Fallon: Howie Mandel; actress Rose Byrne; Robin Zander performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jason Schwartzman; comic Rory Scovel
- Carson Daly: Actor Max Greenfield; Laura Marling performs
The New Orleans Hornets have acquired Ryan Anderson from the Orlando Magic in exchange for center Gustavo Ayon.
While it's always a stupid idea to drive drunk, Jupiter, Florida's Michael Fleurizard took stupid to a new level. It seems that Michael passed out in his car while drunk. Michael did this just steps from the Jupiter police station. When officers roused Michael, he resisted arrest by attempting to flee the scene in his car, dragging one officer and striking another. While police were forced to cut off the pursuit, they soon apprehended Michael after he crashed into a guard rail.
2002: Baseball's All-Star game in Milwaukee ended in a 7-7 tie after 11 innings when both teams ran out of pitchers
actor Fred Savage (Wonder Years, Welcome to Mooseport, Rules of Attraction) 36