Bits and Pieces - July 13, 2012
July 13, 2012
According to a biography of Mick Jagger, he's slept with more than 4,000 women. Some of his famous conquests include Farrah Fawcett, Carly Simon and Cleopatra.
If you believe the National Enquirer, the marriage of KRIS AND BRUCE JENNER could be in trouble. There's been some buzz to that effect recently, but they now say Bruce caught Kris cozying up to boy toy Todd Waterman, whom she had an affair with while she was married to the late Robert Kardashian. They're saying Bruce walked in on Kris writing an e-mail to Todd and that she signed it with an "xoxo." If that weren't enough, they're also saying the two met up for a romantic lunch date and they've got a photo of them hugging. Kris reportedly made lame excuses about the e-mail, claiming she needed final closure, but Bruce wasn't buying it and he believes, 'Once a cheater, always a cheater.'
AMERICAN IDOL executive producer Nigel Lythgoe may have been kidding when he said he wanted CHARLIE SHEEN to be a judge on the show, but Charlie bit on it. However, Sheen said his current channel, FX, would have to agree and he says the money would need to be right. KATY PERRY has also been mentioned for the judges' panel, but she says 'it's not right for her.'
- RADIOHEAD returned to the concert stage following the stage collapse that killed their drum technician. The band paid tribute to him during their final encore by posting photos of him on the giant screens as they played 'Reckoner.'
- You won't be able to find FRANK OCEAN'S debut solo album, "Channel Orange," at Target stores. They won't be carrying the album, but not because he came out. Target is upset because his label has decided to release it on iTunes before it's in stores.
- DARIUS RUCKER has recorded a cover of Old Crow Medicine Show's "Wagon Wheel" with LADY ANTEBELLUM for his upcoming album.
- Jay Leno: Denis Leary; actress Olivia Munn; Kenny Chesney performs
- David Letterman: Anne Hathaway; comic Moody McCarthy; Loudon Wainwright III performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Fred Willard; Grace Potter and the Nocturnals perform
- Conan: Dana Carvey; actress Mayim Bialik; Donovan performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Queen Latifah; actor Noah Wyle; Cloud Nothings performs
- Craig Ferguson: Kelly MacDonald; actor Kevin McKidd; emails with Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond
- Carson Daly: Journalist Rich Eisen; director Alison Klayman; The Horrors
The New York Knicks say the team will "absolutely" match the Houston Rockets' four-year, $28.8 million offer sheet for Jeremy Lin.
When an unnamed Watkinsville, Georgia man lost his wallet, he did the only logical thing. He called 911. To make matters worse, he called 911 eight times, at least one time telling the dispatcher that he wanted to kill everyone at the police department. As you might guess, our friend was arrested and it's duly, but not surprisingly, noted that the man was found with a box of wine.
1933: The government established a minimum wage of 40 cents an hour
actress Michelle Rodriguez (Lost, Avatar, Machete) 34