Bits and Pieces - July 16, 2012
July 16, 2012
Tom Cruise's lawyer is threatening to sue the National Enquirer over a cover story titled "Tom's House of Horrors" that claimed he's a "monster" who "abused" Katie Holmes. It was pretty bad. They say Tom made Katie watch Rock of Ages.
Not only has CNN's ANDERSON COOPER come out of the closet, the National Enquirer says he and his longtime partner will get married in a star-studded Labor Day wedding. The marriage to club owner Ben Maisani will supposedly take place in New York. Cooper is reportedly being egged on by his 88-year-old fashion designer mom Gloria Vanderbilt because she wants to see her son settle down and for them to adopt a child.
DEMI LOVATO will be joined by GLEE'S KEVIN MCHALE as co-host on the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS coming up on Sunday, July 22nd. Voting for the awards continues until the day before the show.
- JANE'S ADDICTION will do an official Lollapalooza after show concert on August 4th at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom. If you can't be there, they'll be going on tour after the event and you can download their latest album, The Great Escape Artist, for free on the Lollapalooza homepage.
- Rapper BEANIE SIGEL will be spending two years behind bars for failing to pay income taxes to the tune of over $700,000. Beanie told the judge he accepts "total responsibility," but griped about family members ripping him off while he was doing time on drug and gun charges back in 2004 and 2005.
- Forbes magazine has named TAYLOR SWIFT the highest-paid star under 30. If you want the numbers, Taylor is 22 years old and raked in $57 million last year. JUSTIN BIEBER, RIHANNA, LADY GAGA and ADELE rounded out the top 5.
- Today: Morgan Freeman; Zac Brown Band performs; actress Freida Pinto
- Good Morning America: Luke Bryan performs; chef Adam Perry Lang
- CBS This Morning: The latest news
- Kelly: Ray Romano; actress Kristen Johnston; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: Sigourney Weaver; reality-TV star Rosie Pope
- The Talk: Actor Scott Foley; actor Fred Willard; author Katie Workman; guest co-host Beth Behrs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen Pompeo; Glen Campbell performs; YouTube child singers Sophia Grace Brownlee and Rosie perform
Former Stanley Cup-winning goalie Dominik Hasek is considering a comeback at the age of 47. He's spoken with one of his former teams, the Buffalo Sabres, but the club has decided not to pursue him.
Jackson, Michigan's Linda Chase loved getting together with her friend Charles Zigler to watch NASCAR races. In fact, she loved it so much that they continued to gather around her TV to watch the races for 18 months after he died. The platonic couple had lived together for 10 years and when Zigler croaked, Linda kept him in the house and continued to chat with him during the races. However, the checkered flag has fallen on the relationship as concerned family members finally called police, who went to Linda's house and found him sitting in a chair.
1933: Aviator Wiley Post completed the first-ever solo flight around the world
actress Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place, Monte Carlo, Ramona And Beezus) 20