Bits and Pieces - July 20, 2012
July 20, 2012
The tabloids are saying that Tom Cruise may already have another woman lined up to be his next wife. It could be true because yesterday Oprah was seen shopping for a new sofa.
JANET JACKSON is reportedly furious that her 14-year-old niece Paris is going to be in an upcoming movie. Janet feels it goes against MICHAEL JACKSON'S wishes to have his kids grow up normally and out of the limelight until they turn 18. Meanwhile, Paris is slamming her uncle, Randy Jackson, for spreading lies about the family. In a letter, Randy accused the executors of Michael's estate of taking advantage of the family and that the stress caused Katherine Jackson to suffer a mini-stroke. However, Paris went on Twitter and said her grandmother is fine and addressed Randy, saying: "hello dear FAMILY member i don't appreciate you telling everyone things that aren't true thank you very much.""
JIMMY FALLON is getting his own one-hour primetime music special. The show will air on NBC next Wednesday and feature his best musical parodies and collaborations.
- Snippets from TRENT REZNOR'S upcoming soundtrack for the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 have been released online, along with an interview with Reznor.
- NICKI MINAJ was reportedly scammed out of $100,000 while filming her video for Pound the Alarm. They filmed the video in her native Trinidad and hired the guy to help produce the video, but they say he took the money and didn't deliver. However, he's saying Nicki actually still owes him $19,000 and that the negative press has prevented him from getting work.
- TRACY BYRD and his wife Michelle are recovering at home after a car accident on Tuesday near Beaumont, Texas that totaled their SUV. Michelle underwent two operations on her left foot, although no one was seriously hurt.
- Jay Leno: Rachel Weisz; actor Aaron Paul; Robert Francis performs
- David Letterman: Woody Harrelson; comic Todd Barry; Graffiti6 performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Charlie Sheen; reality-TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; Huey Lewis and Joe Cocker perform
- Conan: Freida Pinto; actor Sebastian Maniscalco; Chris Hardwick
- Jimmy Fallon: Matt Lauer; former boxer Mike Tyson; Hot Chip performs
- Craig Ferguson: Kenneth Branagh; comic Ted Alexandro
- Carson Daly: Actor James Van Der Beek; musician Mike D; Kasabian performs
The Miami Marlins have proposed a blockbuster trade to the Boston Red Sox that would send left fielder Carl Crawford and a prospect to Miami for infielder Hanley Ramirez and closer Heath Bell.
Dr. Hany Mossad-Boktor stepped up to the Jet Blue ticket counter at the Rochester, New York Airport. When the ticket agent asked the doctor the standard question about having any firearms in his luggage, he replied, "no, just a couple of bombs and a little dynamite, but it's no big deal." As you might guess, the ticket agent, the TSA and the FBI thought it was a big deal. Bomb sniffing dogs were called in to check the doctor's luggage and while they detected no signs of explosives, the doctor is facing felony charges of falsely reporting an incident.
2005: The Dow Jones closed above 14,000 for the first time ever.
actor Anthony Edwards (ER, Top Gun, Revenge of the Nerds) 50