Bits and Pieces - July 24, 2012
July 24, 2012
It's reported that if he's elected president, Mitt Romney promises to vigorously crack down on porn. In fact, Romney promises that if he's elected there'll only be 20 Shades of Grey.
MICHAEL LOHAN and on-again girlfriend Kate Major are expecting a baby, but another one of Michael's baby mamas has a warning for Kate. Kristi Horn has a 17-year-old daughter named Ashley with Lohan and she says Michael has been an absentee father and owes her over $300,000 in back child support. Kristi says, "This is a freaking train wreck...here we go again. I just feel so bad for Kate. She's going to be a single mother eventually. He's going to leave her to raise their child alone like he did to Dina and I."
ONE MILLION MOMS, which actually only has about 40,000 members, is ticked off at NBC over their new series The New Normal. It's about a gay couple who try to start a family with the help of a surrogate. The moms say NBC is "using public airwaves to continue to subject families to the decay of morals and values, and the sanctity of marriage in attempting to redefine marriage. These things are harmful to our society, and this program is damaging to our culture."
- THREE DOORS DOWN bassist Todd Harrell was busted on a DUI-related charge after he blew through a stop sign and hit a pickup truck in southern Mississippi last Thursday. Harrell's toxicology report is pending.
- Rapper A$AP ROCKY was arrested in New York after he and a friend got into a fight with two people taking his picture. The victims suffered cuts and bruises and one had to be taken to a hospital.
- RASCAL FLATTS' JAY DEMARCUS and his wife, CMT Insider correspondent Allison DeMarcus, welcomed their second child on Friday. Son Dylan Jay DeMarcus weighed in at 7 lbs., 11 oz. and all are doing well.
- Jay Leno: Vince Vaughn; race driver Travis Pastrana; Aretha Franklin performs
- David Letterman: Will Ferrell; Rufus Wainwright performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ben Stiller; reality-TV star Emily Maynard; The Head and the Heart perform
- Conan: Kevin Nealon; actor Tig Notaro
- Jimmy Fallon: Matthew McConaughey; actress Carla Gugino; R. Kelly performs
- Craig Ferguson: George Hamilton; actress Julie Gonzalo
- Carson Daly: Christina Milian; rapper K. Flay; The Speakers perform
Carlos Quentin has agreed to a $27 million, three-year contract with the San Diego Padres. The deal includes a no-trade clause and a $10 million mutual option for 2016.
Shingletown, California's 70-year-old William Oller Sr. recently got into an argument with his son. The argument escalated until dad went out to his truck and retrieved a semiautomatic handgun and shot his son in the arm. During the struggle for the gun dad also suffered a gunshot wound to the leg. Dad was arrested on attempted murder and assault charges and if you're wondering what the fuss was about, the father didn't approve of his son's karaoke performance.
1904: The ice cream cone was invented by Charles Menches during the Louisiana Purchase Expo in St. Louis
actor Woody Harrelson (Cheers, Natural Born Killers, Zombieland) 51