Bits and Pieces - July 26, 2012
July 26, 2012
Miami Dolphins receiver Chad Ochocinco has changed his name again. The bad news is he's changed it to Chad Paterno.
SNOOKI says she and fiancé Jionni LaValle plan to film their son Lorenzo's birth, but - don't worry - we won't be seeing it on Jersey Shore. Snooki says she wants to record it for herself so she can remember the moment, adding: "And I want to show Lorenzo when he's like 16 in front of all his friends and embarrass him." Snooki also says that when she gets married, she'll wear a white dress and her bridesmaids will be in leopard print!
ROB THOMAS will serve as a mentor to CEE LO GREEN'S team on the upcoming season of THE VOICE. Previously, Michael Buble signed on to work with coach Blake Shelton and Mary J Blige teamed up with Adam Levine.
- CLASH guitarist MICK JONES has collaborated with THE WALLFLOWERS on a new song called Reboot the Mission. It'll be on the Wallflowers' new album, called Glad All Over, which is due October 1st. You can download it free from the Wallflowers website if you leave them your e-mail.
- FLO RIDA has announced plans for a workout DVD that he says could come out as early as the end of the year. Flo says, "I have quite a workout regimen. I've always been about fitness and my fans can definitely appreciate that."
- KELLIE PICKLER shows her support for our military and quite a bit of herself on the cover of the new issue Maxim magazine. The Maxim Salutes the Military issue will be out next Tuesday and features Kellie on the cover in olive drab short-shorts.
- Jay Leno: Jessica Biel; director Kevin Smith; The Lumineers perform
- David Letterman: Jonah Hill; Dr. Leonard Girardi; Milo Greene performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Colin Farrell; actress Rosemarie DeWitt; Trey Songz performs
- Conan: Kate Beckinsale; author Doug Fine; Tennis performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Zach Galifianakis; actress Gina Gershon; Wilco performs
- Craig Ferguson: Matthew McConaughey; comic Brian Scolaro
- Carson Daly: Filmmakers Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin; director Lucy Walker; Fool's Gold performs
The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed coach Mike Tomlin to a contract extension that will keep him on the sideline through at least 2016. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
The good news for Augusta, Georgia's William Bonner is that he won a bar bet with his buddies. The bad news for Augusta, Georgia's William Bonner is that he won a bar bet with his buddies. It seems Bonner bet his buddies that he could douse his head in Bacardi 151 and light it on fire. He won the bet and as a bonus, the bar's surveillance video of the incident has gone viral, showing the entire world what a numbskull Bonner is. No word on how much the bet was for, whether his friends paid up or whether it covered his hospital bill. (See here)
2004: Lance Armstrong won his record sixth consecutive Tour de France
actor Matt LeBlanc (Friends, Joey, Charlie's Angels) 45