Bits and Pieces - July 27, 2012
July 27, 2012
It's reported that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has gotten married. His wife has been identified as Kim Jong Kardashian.
The photographers who were chasing JUSTIN BIEBER around at high speeds have been hit with a number of criminal charges, including following another vehicle too closely and reckless driving with the intent to capture pictures for commercial gain, and failing to obey the lawful order of a peace officer. It's the first case filed under California's new anti-paparazzi law. They say the guy could face up to a year in the county jail and fines of $3,500. Also feeling the wrath of Bieber is Nickelodeon actor DRAKE BELL. Earlier this month Bell Tweeted about Katy Perry's new movie and how it was "ridiculous" for artists who have been around for five years to release biographical films. That caused a fuss, so Drake claimed his Twitter account had been hacked and Tweeted: "I wouldn't randomly bash @katyperry...bieber however lol." Not LOL'ing are Bieber fans who've been bombarding Bell with angry Tweets ever since.
There's good news for fans of the Comedy Central late-night lineup as both JON STEWART and STEPHEN COLBERT have signed contract extensions. Stewart will stay on through at least the middle of 2015 while Colbert is good through the end of 2014.
- O.A.R. cut a Summer Olympics promotional track called "Champions" with B.o.B. They did it in conjunction with Duracell batteries and you can download it from their Facebook page. Meanwhile, O.A.R. filmed its July 15th concert at Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheatre for a DVD that'll be out late this year.
- LADY GAGA is being sued for more than $10 million by the makers of the Bratz dolls. The company says they had a deal to do a Lady Gaga doll line and just when they were getting ready to ship the dolls, Lady G and her management demanded that they wait until 2013 when her next album comes out. The company says the delay cost them major bucks.
- Awhile back, TAYLOR SWIFT said that songs she'd written for her upcoming album were 'sad' and we may now know why. Star magazine says that Taylor's parents have separated after 25 years of marriage. The split happened sometime within the last two years and they kept quiet so it won't hurt Taylor's career, but her mom being on tour with Taylor full-time was reportedly a contributing factor.
- Jay Leno: Colin Farrell; basketball player Dwyane Wade; MoZella performs
- David Letterman: Joel McHale; comic Andrew Norelli; will.i.am performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jessica Biel; TV personality Adam Richman; Rick Ross performs
- Conan: Actress Olivia Munn; actress Flo Rida; actor Ben Stiller
- Jimmy Fallon: Bill Cosby; actor Fred Willard; No Doubt performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Emile Hirsch; TV personality Ariel Tweto
- Carson Daly: Boxing trainer Freddie Roach; rapper Danny Brown; Ed Sheeran
The Los Angeles Dodgers acquired infielder Hanley Ramirez and left-handed reliever Randy Choate from the Miami Marlins in exchange for starter Nate Eovaldi and minor league right-hander Scott McGough.
Like many fathers, Orlando's 50-year-old Johnny Nguyen punished his 5-year-old daughter for misbehaving at church. Unlike many fathers, Johnny punished his 5-year-old daughter for misbehaving at church by putting her in the trunk of his car. However, a woman saw him throw the girl in the trunk and called 911 while her husband yelled at Johnny to take the girl out. Police then punished Johnny by throwing him in jail.
2005: The space shuttle Discovery was launched, the first shuttle flight since the Columbia disaster
actress Taylor Momsen (Gossip Girl, Hansel & Gretel, We Were Soldiers) 19