Bits and Pieces - July 30, 2012
July 30, 2012
Katie Couric has invited Sarah Palin to appear on her new daytime talk show this fall. That's about as likely to happen as Penn State winning the Rose Bowl.
We still haven't heard from ROBERT PATTINSON since KRISTEN STEWART apologized for cheating on him, but they say actions speak louder than words and he reportedly moved out of the L.A. home they shared. As you might imagine, they say Pattinson is "heartbroken and humiliated" after finding out about the affair. Kristen tried unsuccessfully to stop the tabloid story that blew the lid off it, so she had to tell Robert. They were already booked for last weekend's Teen Choice Awards, so they had to put on a happy face, but witnesses say they were arguing backstage. A source says, "Rob and Kristen were having a long and intense conversation...he looked miserable, heartbroken and humiliated. She was pleading." Some say she may have apologized publicly because Robert may not be answering her phone calls. In a case of a quote coming back to haunt her, Kristen told Elle magazine's June issue, "I feel boring. I feel like, why is everything so easy for me? I can't wait for something crazy to f***ing happen to me."
Dr. McSteamy was near death on the season finale plane crash of GREY'S ANATOMY and he's apparently not going to pull through. ERIC DANE has confirmed that he's leaving the show. Apparently it was a mutual decision as Dane wants to move on.
- METALLICA will be playing at Rogers Arena in Vancouver August 24th and 25th and the shows will be filmed for their upcoming 3-D movie. The film should be out in 2013 and they're also planning a second Orion Festival next year, somewhere on the East Coast.
- No more playing for THE GAME! After canceling his wedding last week and saying it was his fault and he wasn't man enough to go through with it, he's now announced his wedding to Tiffney Cambridge is back on, as is their reality show.
- WYNONNA JUDD has announced plans for her Wynonna's Rockin' Christmas Tour. She and her band, The Big Noise, will play a mix of classic Christmas carols, her own holiday songs and some of her biggest hits starting in early December, which is just over four months away!
- Today: Olympics; Kathie Lee and Hoda's Olympic course
- Good Morning America: No Doubt performs
- CBS This Morning: Center for American Progress chair John Podesta
- Kelly: Actress Olivia Munn; actor Lou Diamond Phillips; reality TV stars Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson; co-host Joel McHale
- The View: Regis Philbin; comic Simon Amstell; guest co-host Scott Disick
- The Talk: Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Jackie Jackson; reality-TV star Abby Lee Miller; grilling expert Elizabeth Karmel; guest co-host Shannen Doherty
- Ellen DeGeneres: Colin Farrell; actor Seann William Scott; Lionel Richie performs
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed free-agent forward Alexander Semin to a one-year, $7 million contract. Semin had spent his entire seven-season NHL career with the Washington Capitals.
As personal responsibility rides off into the sunset, we hear the tale of Megan Duskey, who attended the "Haunted Hotel Ball" at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. After imbibing in her fair share of the all-you-can-drink liquor included in the ticket price, Megan attempted to slide down a fourth floor banister at the hotel. Sadly, the attempt didn't go well and Megan fell to her death. Megan's parents are now suing the hotel and party organizers for negligence.
1861: The federal government levied an income tax for the first time.
actor Jonathan Silverman (The Single Guy, Weekend At Bernie's, Death Becomes Her) 46