Bits and Pieces - July 31, 2012
July 31, 2012
The Olympics are underway and some viewers are complaining about NBC airing the events on a tape delay basis. In fact, NBC's coverage is delayed almost as long as Michael Phelps arrival at the finish of the 400 meters.
Peace may finally be coming to the Jackson family as KATHERINE JACKSON has agreed to split custody of MICHAEL JACKSON'S children with their cousin, TJ. They'll file a joint guardianship petition with the court as early as today and it's expected to be approved. Despite the recent nastiness, Katherine and Michael's kids all showed up at the Jackson Brothers' "Unity Tour" stop in Saratoga, California on Thursday night. Those who were there say Michael's kids didn't seem to be having that much fun. Meanwhile, Dr. Conrad Murray, the man convicted of killing Michael, has invited Katherine to his jail cell to talk. Murray says, "I do not want Mrs. Jackson to suffer. She remains as dear to me as my own mother, unbeknownst to her."
HEATHER LOCKLEAR is joining the cast of HOT IN CLEVELAND for at least three episodes this season. She'll play a former Miss Ohio who runs a PR firm.
- GREEN DAY'S BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG has joined The Voice as a mentor. Armstrong started taping for season 3 on Wednesday.
- SNOOP DOGG has been banned from entering Norway for two years after he was caught with eight grams of marijuana in his luggage in Oslo last month.
- TOBY KEITH says he was approached by the American Idol people about being a judge on the show next season. However, Toby had to turn them down because he's too busy.
- Jay Leno: Pre-empted for Olympics
- David Letterman: Animal handler Jack Hanna; Patti Smith performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kate Beckinsale; Rubblebucket performs
- Conan: Colin Farrell; thenewno2 performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Pre-empted for Olympics
- Craig Ferguson: Emma Roberts; comic Paula Poundstone
- Carson Daly: Pre-empted for Olympics
LSU and Penn State starting quarterback Rob Bolden have been in talks about transferring to play for the Tigers. Penn State players are free to transfer without having to sit out a year following the penalties issued to the school.
It didn't take long for Elgin, Illinois parolee Jesus K. Martinez to veer off the straight and narrow path. Jesus reverted to his life of crime when he robbed a man at gunpoint in broad daylight. Based on a description of the suspect by the victim, police found Jesus and the victim's cash and checks within minutes, thanks in no small part to the distinctive tattoo that Jesus has on his forehead.
2003: The last original style Volkswagen Beetle rolled off the assembly line in Mexico
actress Jaime Pressley (Joe Dirt, My Name is Earl, Tomcats) 35